• Investor
  • Marietta, GA
Votes |
Landlords with 9-5s?

Kimberly Kesterke
  • Investor
  • Marietta, GA
Posted Aug 17 2020, 20:12

I'm working on pulling together a community of Landlords who hold down full time jobs. Whether you are making great profits and choose to keep your 9-5 or working towards an early retirement, I think we as W2 Investors have a unique experience and story.

So- post, comment or share. What are some of your wins? What are some of your questions? And better yet- any war stories? (We all have those.. ) Since I started this thread, I will go first:

I started investing 15 years ago and have built a cash flowing portfolio that finally could support my early retirement efforts. However, ironically, now that I'm at the point I can choose- I'm choosing to continue working because I'm apart of a great company, have challenging work, and feel I am making a positive impact.

I love the concept of early retirement, and I am an avid follower of FIRE (Financially Independent Retire Early). But I think I'm not alone in also liking the "somewhat" security of a 9-5, the ability to access conventional funding and other perks of the w2. Plus, if an AC goes out, or I have a heavy maintenance month, I know I have a bit of a buffer with income coming in elsewhere.

Now, there is a long list of tradeoffs- but would be interested to hearing from all of you as well. Why do you continue working a 9-5? If you reached your FI number, would you quit your job, keep working or do something else entirely?

Looking forward to reading the comments and joining the conversation!

Loading replies...