How are September rents coming in

115 Replies

@Eric Bilderback

We haven’t had any issues this year. In the responses of some the people that have been evicted needed to be. Also there will always be some people that try to take advantage of situations even if they aren’t effected.

We are under 5% issues and of those 5% ALL are NOT covid direct impacts just taking advantage of states 0 qualify eviction moratorium. Under national order we would be able to evict all of them now. 

AND interestingly enough 1 of those tenants when I called her on finding solutions, after the "sob story" I stopped by and what do I find in the porch, 2 boxs of brand new Bandit signs with her # talking about quick cash offer for homes LMAO. So apparently that's where rents are going, trying to get into REI.

@Wesley W. I'm in upstate ny and have several tenants who haven't paid for months. One tenant is violating the lease in multiple ways by bringing in friends to live there, causing excessive noise, bringing in a pitbull, engaging in drug activity and causing major damage. I can't get a court date for any eviction proceedings of any kind under Cuomo's moratorium. Meanwhile i have taxes, a water bill and insurance payment due by end of month. Is new york even part of america anymore?

Dear Thread;

My tenants owe me $100k of back rent right now. That wasn't a typo. Evictions are starting to move forward again in NY, I will be proceeding against the worst of the non-payment offenders.

MG

We're at ~ 95%, but our delinquent tenants are responsive and paying, they're just late. We primarily own in low income areas so when their hours are cut it causes issues. We've been happy to see most tenants will work with us if we're willing to do the same.

Originally posted by @Jesse Soriano :

@John Teachout D class tenants?

LOL, the tenants might be but the properties aren't. B and C. Two of the three troublesome tenants were inherited with the properties. The tenants that we screened have been an issue for a long time but they always eventually paid. We're tired of messing with them though and having to repeatedly chase rent. Tomorrow morning we'll be at the courthouse asking questions and learning about the dispossessory process.

@Eric Bilderback

Have had to evict one after not paying for 5 months. Couldn’t evict sooner do to hold on evictions. Have had one stop paying 1 month before moving out. Have two more who started partial payments in August. Starting to see the effects of the unemployed more now. Hoping it doesn’t get worse.

One tenant has the Covid and will be out of Work for 3 weeks. I gave her half month off and cover the other half with part of her security deposit to be repaid every month.

Another one has ghosted me and owes me close to $3000, had to get a lawyer for breach of lease since I won't be able to kick her out for failure to pay.

I have another one that only pay part of August, but promised he’ll pay the remaining August and September next week.

Overal 8 rentals having problem with 37% of them. Still possitive cashflow but not looking very good.

@Josephine Wilson That’s true I work at a Grocery Store you safe beat is to ask what they do for work and if they are in Hospitals and Grocery Store Worker Mainly or they section 8 you good don’t rent to those that you have a feeling that they going get laid off because everyone needs to eat and the hospital keep getting covid patience so it’s a safe beat to rent to them.

@Sylvia B

Re USPS - Have you not heard of Louis DeJoy, the person appointed as Postmaster General in order to slow down and ultimately ruin the mail service so the current administration is not in jeopardy of losing the election through mail-in ballots?  The person ordering the discarding of multi-million dollar mail sorting machines in order to accomplish this?  The person appointed to destroy USPS so (as has already been intimated) that it can be argued that USPS would run so much better if sold to a private individual at a bargain price.  A private person like.......Louis DeJoy!

Out of my 8 doors, I have 1 behind on September. She is supposed to pay in full on the 15th. Throughout the past few months all rents have come in but tenants have taken their time. Since we can't charge late fees here in LA county it does de-incentivize on time payment.

Originally posted by @Sherry Norman :

@Sylvia B

Re USPS - Have you not heard of Louis DeJoy, the person appointed as Postmaster General in order to slow down and ultimately ruin the mail service so the current administration is not in jeopardy of losing the election through mail-in ballots?  The person ordering the discarding of multi-million dollar mail sorting machines in order to accomplish this?  The person appointed to destroy USPS so (as has already been intimated) that it can be argued that USPS would run so much better if sold to a private individual at a bargain price.  A private person like.......Louis DeJoy!

Yes, and I've also been told by people who work for USPS - including my postmaster - that that is all lies and exaggerations. I've also seen video of a postal worker dumping bins of letters in the dumpster.

UPS is just as bad. I recently had a package take 32 days to travel from OK to MO. It took them 3 days to drive from Olathe to Kansas City (30 minute trip) and 16 days to get it from Kansas City to St. Louis. Maybe they ran out of trucks and had to ride a bike.

I sent a package from southern MO to northwest AR - 3 hour drive. It went to Kansas City, Memphis, Oklahoma, Springfield MO, Little Rock, then to its destination - 9 days.