San Jose Meetup - Friday 2/13/15

27 Replies

  • 02/13/15 07:00PM
  • Whispers Cafe and Creperie 1085 E Brokaw Rd Ste 10 San Jose, CA 95131
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Hi All,

It's another month and time for another real estate meetup! These meetups have had 15-40 BP and Meetup.com members chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. Bay Area and out of state investor @Jay Y. initially suggested this meetup and I have been keeping it going ever since. Regular experienced investors such as @J Martin from Oakland and @Minh Le in San Jose have been regularly attending. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Friday, February 13th, 2015, 7:00pm

Where: Whispers Cafe and Creperie

(The cafe is in the same complex as City Sports and in the same building as Five Guys on the opposite side of the building.)

1085 E Brokaw Rd
Ste 10
San Jose, CA 95131

Please support the small business by spending some money and tipping for the great service we receive every month!

There have been a few people wanting to receive email updates of the next meetup and I have finally setup a meetup.com website. Join to get updates!

http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Real-Estate-Investing-Club/

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

@J. Martin @Minh Le @Jay Y. @David C. @Yuliany W. @Kathryn M. @Kevin Auyong @Susan Gong @BeBe Cheng @Peter K. @Troy Fisher @Ezra Nugroho @Helen Chau @Andrew N. @Andrew Tabalujan @Nhi Nguyen @Arlen Chou  

Keywords:

South Bay , South Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley, San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, Santa Cruz

I know that this meetup is the day before Valentines Day but I will still show up if a handful of people come out! Please reply if you will be coming out. Thanks!

Originally posted by @Johnson H. :

Hi All,

It's another month and time for another real estate meetup! These meetups have had 15-40 BP and Meetup.com members chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. Bay Area and out of state investor @Jay Y. initially suggested this meetup and I have been keeping it going ever since. Regular experienced investors such as @J Martin from Oakland and @Minh Le in San Jose have been regularly attending. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Friday, February 13th, 2015, 7:00pm

Where: Whispers Cafe and Creperie

(The cafe is in the same complex as City Sports and in the same building as Five Guys on the opposite side of the building.)

1085 E Brokaw Rd
Ste 10
San Jose, CA 95131

Please support the small business by spending some money and tipping for the great service we receive every month!

There have been a few people wanting to receive email updates of the next meetup and I have finally setup a meetup.com website. Join to get updates!

http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Real-Estate-Investing-Club/

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

 Johnson - best of luck with the meetup, they are fun and great for networking with like minded investors, we run 2 in Southern Cali

God bless

Michael Rae

@MICHAEL YBARRA   - Thanks Michael. Yes, that is the reason why I run the club is to connect with like minded investors as I dont get the chance to speak RE often. I love to listen with those that are more experienced than me and I like to share with those that may benefit from my experience. It's a great time, just putting together one sometimes takes a lot of effort!

Originally posted by @Johnson H. :

@MICHAEL YBARRA  - Thanks Michael. Yes, that is the reason why I run the club is to connect with like minded investors as I dont get the chance to speak RE often. I love to listen with those that are more experienced than me and I like to share with those that may benefit from my experience. It's a great time, just putting together one sometimes takes a lot of effort!

 Johnson - Brotha, i know what you me - a lot of effort. We also run weekly workshops for

probate investing. I am very blessed to have - the support of a great team!!

Michael Rae

@Johnson H.  ,

I'll be coming back from DC on the 13th from some FDIC big-bank training I believe. I might fly into San Jose, like I have before, to come by and say hi. I'll touch back when I nail down my travel schedule. I saw there's already a bigger group RSVP'd on meetup than here, and I'm sure will be a full crowd as always. Hope to be able to make it!

In just 24 hours we have 17 people that RSVP'ed on the meetup group, thanks everybody!

@J. Martin   - Funny, I am out here right now taking a Commercial Real Estate course learning some new stuff. Let me know when you get in and I can pick you up from the airport.

@Kevin Auyong   - If I don't need to pick up J, I can be there as early at 4! If I do, then we will see you right after. :)

Originally posted by @Johnson H. :

In just 24 hours we have 17 people that RSVP'ed on the meetup group, thanks everybody!

@J. Martin  - Funny, I am out here right now taking a Commercial Real Estate course learning some new stuff. Let me know when you get in and I can pick you up from the airport.

@Kevin Auyong   - If I don't need to pick up J, I can be there as early at 4! If I do, then we will see you right after. :)

 Johnson, gonna be a great meetup! I should be able to make it out.. @Minh Le  offered a ride too. Thank you. I might let you do the early meetup, and catch a ride with Minh..

Seems like everyone is heading out to Seidman Center! Met one of my teachers for the class at one of our regional banks the other day at an exam in the East Bay. Someone I was with on the Stress Testing exam is going to be out there too, but can't remember who it is right now.. I think a Georgia FDIC examiner. Cool guy though. Had some great stories about prior crashes. Are you doing any CCAR stuff? FRB team was there, and I was doing DFAST with FDIC. If you want high-demand, high-paying employment, become a stress-testing quant! What a headache lol

I get the idea of all the stress testing and the over-arching concepts. But I think we're kidding ourselves a bit to think that with more data, more transformations and regressions, and more details and assumptions, we're going to be able to determine the magnitude of losses & MINIMUM level of capital that should be held for the circumstances of the NEXT crisis. But regardless of what I think, countless hours of many brilliant people's minds will be hard at work on this process over the next decade+. I wish them all the best of luck with the statistical crystal ball! ;)

Oh man, Friday the 13th?  It should be a horror story themed meetup.  I actually made plans because I was betting that there wasn't going to be a meetup the night before valentines day, but I may be there for the early shift.

Hi Johnson and Y'all.  (I heard that Texas is a hot RE market so I'm brushing up on my Texan). 

Look forward to seeing everybody on Friday.  

Thanks as always @Johnson H.  For putting this together. 

J. M.  I look forward to catching up. 

Peter

@Peter K.  ,

Glad you can make it out. See you there.

@Minh Le  ,

Regarding chasing "hot" markets/properties. I noticed Redfin marks the "hot" properties and LoopNet sends me the "hottest"/most looked at properties in the area. How do I sign up for  notifications on the sh*t properties that are getting no views and no one wants to buy!? lol

@Esther Thomas  ,

We've missed you! Hope all is going well with your little one, and hope to see you this Friday! I like people who smile a lot :)

@Troy Fisher - I was hesitant to put on the meetup because of the date and also day before Valentines Day. To my surprise, 33 investors have RSVP'ed on the meetup page! It just goes to show that I shouldn't worry so much!

@Kevin Auyong   & @Yuliany W. - I just got an appointment pushed back and I won't be able to make it at 4pm, more like 6ish. I hope tomorrow would be a lucky day for me and be able to make it out early again, I'll keep you guys in the loop!

Kevin, thanks for saving the table last time, you did well! I really appreciated it. 

I will be there early tonight (bw 6:00 - 6:30 pm) - so hopefully some will be there early as well.  Since my family is starting our week-long Lunar New Year partying and gambling tonight, I will have to leave early to not miss out on the festivity.  

Turns out meet-up day before V-Day is not an issue, nor is Friday the 13th, but Friday night before Lunar New Year week is.  I have to pick up the kids from school and watch them now that the husband is running around town getting ready for tonight's family pre-new year event.  Major bummer.  So I'm flaking out.  Next time.  Happy Valentine's Day, Happy President's Day, and Happy early Lunar New Year!!!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here