San Jose Meetup - Thursday 4/16/15

28 Replies

• 04/16/15 07:00PM
  • Whispers Cafe and Creperie 1085 E Brokaw Rd Ste 10 San Jose, CA 95131
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event. Report

Hi All,

It's another month and time for another real estate meetup! These meetups have had 15-40 BP and Meetup.com members chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. Bay Area and out of state investor @Jay Y. initially suggested this meetup and I have been keeping it going ever since. Regular experienced investors such as @J Martin from Oakland and @Minh Le in San Jose have been regularly attending. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Thursday, April 16th, 2015, 7:00pm

Where: Whispers Cafe and Creperie

(The cafe is in the same complex as City Sports and in the same building as Five Guys on the opposite side of the building.)

1085 E Brokaw Rd
Ste 10
San Jose, CA 95131

Please support the small business by spending some money and tipping for the great service we receive every month!

There have been a few people wanting to receive email updates of the next meetup and I have finally setup a meetup.com website. Join to get updates!

http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Real-Estate-Investing-Club/

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

Thanks @Johnson H. , I'll do my best to make it out to this event. It's been awhile!

@Johnson H. I'm looking forward to seeing you again and hearing how the investing is going.  

Hopefully, I'll be closed on our first wholetail deal by then a la Michael Quarles. 

@Jay Y. , looks like it was all your fault. @Johnson H. , is there a reason why the meet-up is on Thursday this time? Looking forward to seeing familiar and new faces. Thank you for keeping the meet-up going Johnson. Your effort is recognized. 

@Minh Le Yeah, as my partners and employer keep telling me, it's always my fault... What did I do this time? I don't recall suggesting a Thursday meet up, but maybe I slipped up again, dang it!

I'm thinking someone had a hot date on Friday.  Should I be offended that we took a lower priority?   :-)

@Peter K. - LOL No hot date with me Friday night. @Minh Le - J asked me the same question! This Friday is the Santa Cruz meetup. I didn't want to step on their toes since they just do it once a quarter. I took the week off next week so I thought Thursday would be good for everyone that hasn't been able to make it out on a Friday night. I guess people are creatures of habit and like it on Friday night, I'll try to resume it again next month :)

@Jay Y. - It will be great to see you again! You had suggested a San Jose meetup back early last year and I have been trying to keep it going ever since. It's about time you showed up again!

Tagging some regulars and adding some keywords.

@Yuliany W. @Sandeep S. @BeBe Cheng @Nhi Nguyen @Ezra Nugroho @Arlen Chou @Dooreuhn Cee @Kevin Auyong @David C. @Susan Gong @Helen Chau @Kathryn M.

Keywords:

South Bay , South Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley, San Jose, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, Santa Cruz

sounds good. I will need a drink after paying for a sewer lateral replacement !

Originally posted by @Kevin Auyong :

sounds good. I will need a drink after paying for a sewer lateral replacement !

How much was it? Let me guess, $7,500?

About 6 to 6.5k. It was a pretty straightforward shot. I got another estimate for $9500. Big variance here

Hello,  do you guys know where I could find a meet up like this but in the Los Angeles  area.  The bay area is too far for me,  wish I could make it. 

@Pedro Preciado  - There are tons of LA based REIA's! @MICHAEL YBARRA runs meetups and there is For Investors By Investors (FIBI) in the LA area as well. I haven't been to these meetups but I know there a lot more down there.

Sorry guys, can't make it tonight, something came up... Another deal? LOL

Will have to catch ya'll next time around.

Have fun!!!

@Jay Y. - The meetup is this coming Thursday on the 16! I hope you can still make it out :)

@Johnson H. Oh, that's good news then, guess I lost track of it and thought it was yesterday. Oops my bad. In that case, yup will try and make it out on the 16th! :)

I will miss this month. out of town for work.

I'm looking forward to this special Thursday edition of the meetup. We got 25 investors that have RSVP'ed!

@Minh Le - Any interest in meeting at 4pm as usual? Everyone is invited to come early as well!

I will try to join today.

I will be there too. (I actually prefer it is on a Thursday evening!)

Are you guys going to be there early as usual?

@Johnson H. is it going to be on Thursdays from now on? or just this time? I hope I can make it next month. Have fun!

@Johnson H. It was a very good experience connecting with experienced investors yesterday. Thanks for arranging it. It was good to see so many experienced investors in one place.

@Minh Le , @Sandeep S. It was very nice talking to you and gathering gems of information. I could only manage a short time to come, but quite a learning experience! I look forward to connect to you again in future. You have wealth of information and I hope to learn from you. 

Sandeep, also thanks for the beer :) 

You are very welcome @Anshu Sanghi

I am glad to be put in same list of experienced investors as @Minh Le !

And I am always available to talk about RE and/or for beer!

@Johnson H. Thank you so much for putting together this last meetup in San Jose. I had a great time and finally got to meet a bunch of the people I enjoy reading on BP. I had way too much fun. My mind was racing the rest of the evening. I don't think I slept much as a result;) So much quality information to digest. Your the bomb!