Oahu - Kailua - Official BiggerPockets Meetup

Oahu - Kailua - Official BiggerPockets Meetup

When:

Where:Kailua Beach Park

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Hey everyone! 

So - I'm in Kailua for the month and I'd love to get together! I know Sunday's might be crazy down at the beach ... but suck it up! ;)  (Park downtown and Uber if you need to!?) 

Let's get together for a potluck-style meal and talk about real estate investing, Hawaii, and whatever else. 

2pm on April 9th until 5pm-ish (or whenever we get tired!) 

Bring some food or something to share and drinks. 

(Please comment below on what you are bringing - so we can make sure we have a variety of foods!)

Plus be sure to bring beach chairs, frisbees, etc! 

Let's meet at 2:00pm over near the restrooms/buildings (See photo below.)

If you arrive late and can't find us ... leave a comment here on the day-of and we'll check this board fairly often. 

Thanks ya'll!  Looking forward to meeting you! 

-Brandon

0Reply
108 views

Most Popular Reply

Waianae, HI · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 47 votes
9y

What a great gathering, it was fantastic meeting new people! Thank you @Brandon Turner for coordinating this meet-up.  It was a pleasure meeting your wife and your beautiful baby. 

Thanks to all who came who made the experience possible as well. Lots of food, laughs, smiles and stories!  It was awesome to hear how others are making their dream a reality in real estate in Hawai'i and outside of Hawai'i. 

We must do a Hana Hou before you leave the glistening sands of Hawai'i.

Much aloha,

 Maka (DannyF.)

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Brandon Turner on my way!...you wouldn't happen to have an extra bed, would you?... ;)

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 362 posts · 93 votes
    9y

    Putting this down on my calendar and hope to make it out to the event.

  • Investor · Kaneohe, HI · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 36 votes
    9y

    Marking the date. Checking with the wife on what we will bring and i'll post an update. See you there!

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    I am brand new to the BP community and have been obsessively binge listening to the podcast for the past month. Brandon Turner amped to meet up in Kailua on Sunday to sponge some more inspiration to begin my REI journey! Cheers.
  • Waianae, HI · Member since 2016 · 111 posts · 47 votes
    9y

    I shall be there right after my class session which ends at 3pm. 

    I'll bring chicken or baked spaghetti.  

  • Investor · Kailua, HI · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    Sweet! Ok, so everybody is meeting at the covered pavilions near the bathrooms by the boat ramp. Not the first or second beach park but by the boat ramp past Buzz's. I will bring some Pizza's via bicycle. Lol See you at 2pm Aloha!
  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 890 votes
    9y

    I'll be there! I'll talk things over with the wife to decide what we will bring

  • Real Estate Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 73 posts · 47 votes
    9y

    I'll be bringing my girlfriend and 1 1/2 year old along with some really good food. (Noodles W/Teri Beef from Kin Sing and possibly some Lechon as well) I've got a good amount of paper plates and plastic forks, spoons, knives, chopsticks, etc as well to bring and of course cant forget the beer!

    Not sure where we will be and if we will be able to get an area with tables and chairs if it starts at 2pm so maybe someone should bring a tent and some tables?? Or a big cooler for people to put communal water and sodas in. Trash bags? I'll grab a 20 pound bag of ice if someone lets me know that they will bring a big cooler.

    Lets show Brandon what a real Hawaiian beach party is like! (Minus the moke braddahs scrapping over the last Heineken of course LOL)

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    I have never wanted to attend a meetup more in my life. Sigh, I cannot. Take lots of pictures!

  • Rental Property Investor · AZ · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    We'll bring a Ted's Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cream Pie.

  • Mililani, HI · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I've already put it into my calendar. I will be there, I plan to bring garlic chicken from one plus one drive inn. 

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Whoop whoop! Looking forward to this everyone! 

    I'll bring Chips :) 

    And - some keywords to get folks to see this: Honolulu - Hawaii - Oahu - Kailua - Beach :) 

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 15 votes
    9y
    I'll be there and I'll bring zippys pupu platters
  • Jasmine C.Pro Member
    Real Estate Coach · Reno NV · Member since 2015 · 273 posts · 62 votes
    9y

    I'm in.  I'll bring brownies.  I'm terrible with directions, does anyone have an address I can plug into waze to get me to the beach or the closest parking area?

  • May AkaminePro Member
    Kaneohe, HI · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 1 vote
    9y

    Aloha @Brandon Turner - Mahalo for setting this up.  We'll be there w/ finger veggies to share w/ everyone.  @Jasmine C. - Mahalo for your posts on REI MasterMind and Founders FB pages about this event. The boat ramp is located at the end of Kailua beach just before you head up to Lanikai. Parking will be a challenge. A hui hou! ALOHA!

  • Real Estate Investor · Kaneohe, HI · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    Susan and I will bring some sweet treats (cookies and/or brownies)

  • Real Estate Agent · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 450 posts · 196 votes
    9y

    I'll bring a cooler and drinks. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

  • Sandy, UT · Member since 2017 · 45 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Aloha everyone....excited to attend this event! New to BP and REI. Looking forward to meeting you all. My husband Jeff and I will bring Chili and Rice (Zippy's).

    See you soon!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    looks like this is shaping up to be awesome!

    But also looks like it might rain - so - anyone have one of those white pop up tents? And a table?

    Or - what's the odds we'll get to use the covered pavilions? I wonder if we would have needed to book that ahead of time? Anyone know?

    Also - if you need to get in touch once at the park (if you can't find us, etc - my cell is 3604643160

    Seeyall soon! 

  • Mililani, HI · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hey everyone, I hope everyone's weekend is going great so far! For those coming to Kailua for the event, I'm at the beach right now (wearing a white and blue flannel shirt). I'm sitting under one of the trees. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Aloha everyone...a beautiful day in Hawai'i Nei no matter rain or shine or  if you're in bed like me with the flu... I was so looking forward to this day to meet Brandon and all of you...but too much work and study and not enough rest finally caught up with me at the most in opportune time.  But that's okay... I'm happy for all of you today. Enjoy!  Hopefully we'll have more opportunities again soon..Aloha...Lorna Kaaloa

  • Jasmine C.Pro Member
    Real Estate Coach · Reno NV · Member since 2015 · 273 posts · 62 votes
    9y

    anyone At the beach yet?

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Where are you all set up?

  • Rental Property Investor · Kailua, HI · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Oh no - I'm not able to make it there today.  Are you, by chance, able to have another get-together while you're out here in Hawaii....please.    Aloha.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    hey ya'll! We had a GREAT time today! Thanks ya'll for coming out! We might have to get together again before I leave town!

    And here is the photo we took! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.