Votes |
STR Analysis: Rabbu vs. Airdna vs. ENEMY Method vs. Other

Josh Green
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Posted Jul 26 2022, 08:35

Hi All,

Looking to see people's opinions on their preferred STR occupancy and ADR analysis tools/methods. Which of the following do you see being the most accurate for you and your area and why? (Rabbu, Airdna, Enemy, other?).
For example, I see the following Pros/Cons for properties in the Tampa area:

Rabbu:

cons - revenue average even after looking at the top 75th percentile seems to underestimate real-world STR performance. Might have to do with their software taking all comps nearby despite several not really being made available 365.

pros - quickly pull nearby comps to get a visual idea of the top performing properties and what numbers to expect (by ignoring outliers in the mix).

AirDNA:

cons - occupancy in most cases seems to be underestimated when I compare to real-world STR owners. Often I do not look at their ADR but sometimes it is spot on based on my analysis

pros - general city stats and subject property analysis for occupancy rate estimations (conservative generally)

ENEMY Method:

cons - I've looked at live listings and their calendars and this doesn't often match up with what the host actually gets.  For example, I look at the next 6-8 weeks on their calendar and it might be 50% occupancy but the host actually gets 85-90% on average annually.  This might be slightly influenced by the seasonality but in many cases still doesn't always explain/justify using this method to get an accurate occupancy rate for a subject property.

pros - I like this method for getting an ADR.  Pull a handful of comps and see the live ADRs.  What you don't get is true ADR because their daily rates at the moment you look may be lower or higher than their annualized ADR due to seasonality.

OTHER Methods??

I know everyone raves about the enemy method on BP but wanted to see others' experience in their markets and what trends they see between these different tools and their accuracy/ability to estimate occupancy and ADR well.

Loading replies...