Realtor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2019 · 108 posts · 52 votes
Hi, all!
I just figured I'd post a little PSA that Kansas City council just passed an updated ordinance to BAN all STR's in areas zoned R (residential). You can still operate a STR in areas zoned commercial. Properties that were already permitted will be grandfathered in and the permit "should" run with the land upon sale of the property. It is unclear what the city will do with the pending STR applicatoins.
I will continue to post updates as I become aware of them!
Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
3y
Thanks for posting @Michelle Bateman. There was a topic that came up a few weeks ago where someone had KC on their radar and others had chimed in that this has been on deck for a while.
Yet another large city restricting STRs. So what neighborhoods around KC aren't affected?
Of course I would be wary of any and all neighborhoods nearby as this sort of thing is like a cancer that spreads.
Thanks for posting @Michelle Bateman. There was a topic that came up a few weeks ago where someone had KC on their radar and others had chimed in that this has been on deck for a while.
Yet another large city restricting STRs. So what neighborhoods around KC aren't affected?
Of course I would be wary of any and all neighborhoods nearby as this sort of thing is like a cancer that spreads.
To my understanding this applies only to zip codes within "kansas city".