Votes
Scott F.
  • Arlington, VA
Votes |
Negative Airbnb Reviews

Scott F.
  • Arlington, VA
Posted Aug 30 2017, 07:46

After 25 4-5 star reviews I've had two consecutive three star reviews.  We rent out a basement unit in Virginia and it is moderately loud downstairs due to thin floor boards.  The most recent dings were for cleaning.  We normally do a good job, but must have slipped up recently.  Should I shut down the listing, start charging a cleaning fee and having a professional clean,  or do some other activity to push these reviews down?  

Trying my best not to be angry, but the amount of snark and turdishness in these reviews have me on tilt.  Also do you find it is advisable to not rent to people who don't have a history of using the Airbnb platform?  I'm wondering if the most recent people had outsized expectations due to minimal use on the platform.  For instance one negative section was our host was gone for three days how could we have figured out anything if something went wrong.  To me this is classic renters thoughts somehow when people rent they lose all problem solving abilities with lodging.  I've never stayed at an airbnb the host was at maybe my expectations are different then others.......

Whewwwwwwww  

Loading replies...