Mastermind group focused on Short-term Rental Niche

Mastermind group focused on Short-term Rental Niche

Plantation, FL · Member since 2009 · 329 posts · 119 votes

Hi Folks,

Anyone familiar with a Mastermind group focused on Short-term rentals? It does not have to be local. I'd imagine having one with members located throughout the US would be more helpful so as to give a broader perspective. Again, looking for a Mastermind group with experienced investors focused on the STR niche.

3Reply
248 views

Most Popular Reply

Luke CarlPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
8y
@Anand S. Let me know if you need anything from the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg market!
See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Plantation, FL · Member since 2009 · 329 posts · 119 votes
    8y

    Hi All,

    Thanks for your interest in creating a Mastermind group focused on the Short-term Rental Niche.

    To ensure that there's a healthy give-and-take amongst the members I'd like to set the following requirement: Members should have either Annual Revenue of at least $250K (after occupancy taxes) OR own/manage 5 unique units (not a 3 BR home where numerous iterations of the bedrooms are rented out as different units).

    The goals of the group are to share best practices of:

    - Marketing

    - Pricing

    - Operations

    - Channels/Tools

    - Lead Generation

    - Acquisition Strategies

    - Market Insights

    In my view the last item would be extremely beneficial as many of us would like to expand to other markets, but would benefit greatly from understanding the expected numbers and nuances of the target market.

    I envision this as a group that has periodic meetings where at each meeting a member presents their market, thier operation, best practices and insights, followed by open discussion.

    Please PM if you'd like to take this further.

    Regards, Anand 
  • Fairfax, Virginia (VA) · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 47 votes
    8y

    I'm definitely interested.

  • New to Real Estate · Marietta, GA · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 40 votes
    7y

    Did this mastermind get started?

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    I'd be in.  23 STRs with 83 beds in the same small town.  Refinery contractors are my ST renters.  Bank foreclosures are the properties I purchase.

  • Rental Property Investor · La Place, LA · Member since 2014 · 109 posts · 82 votes
    7y

    I'm interested.  I'll shoot you a pm.  My renters are refinery workers as well.  Week to week but usually stay anywhere from a few months to a year.

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I've been following this thread... Just waiting.. I'm in... Property Management and real estate company...30 + units, short and long term

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I've been following this thread... Just waiting.. I'm in... Property Management and real estate company...30 + units, short and long term

  • New to Real Estate · Marietta, GA · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 40 votes
    7y
    Where are your STR?

    Originally posted by @Cheryl Schlehuber:

    I've been following this thread... Just waiting.. I'm in... Property Management and real estate company...30 + units, short and long term

  • Investor · Saint Ignace, MI · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 13 votes
    7y
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula around the St. Ignace area

  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    7y

    Is the ultimate goal of this to be online or in person? It is going to be really hard to do this when people are 3000 or more miles apart. In reality, we already have this form which pretty much covers most topics.

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I’m interested! This is a great idea and can help with organizing if you need. 

  • Plantation, FL · Member since 2009 · 329 posts · 119 votes
    7y

    For those interested, let's have a call to discuss the objectives and procedures of this group. Please PM me so we can coordinate. I'm shooting for Tuesday of next week. 

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    I have to run one of my paper routes on Tuesday.

  • Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    I'd be interested as well. I have 5 in the Moab, UT area.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    Interesting idea. I have some things to add. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Chatham, MA · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 65 votes
    7y

    I would be interested. I own and self manage 3 homes in Chatham Cape Cod 

  • Samuel LynchPro Member
    Realtor · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 47 votes
    4y

    If you are all still interested, here is a Facebook community laser focused on long distance STR investing.
    https://www.facebook.com/group...

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 314 posts · 280 votes
    4y

    @Samuel Lynch thanks for this info!  Just joined.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.