Mastermind group focused on Short-term Rental Niche

44 Replies

Hi Folks,

Anyone familiar with a Mastermind group focused on Short-term rentals? It does not have to be local. I'd imagine having one with members located throughout the US would be more helpful so as to give a broader perspective. Again, looking for a Mastermind group with experienced investors focused on the STR niche.

@Anand S. I’m definitely interested in this RE strategy. Living in Florida it seems like a great way to take advantage of our year round visitors. Do you have any STR properties now? I’m interested in the keys, and maybe Orlando as well.

Thanks for the interest folks. Looks like there currently isn't a Mastermind focused on this niche, so forming one would make sense if we there's healthy interest. 

I believe this forum and the relevant podcasts provide a solid resource for the novice player entering or exploring this niche, and envision this Mastermind group as one encompassing seasoned players that can share their experiences and mutually benefit from others doing the same. I also see it as a sounding board for new ideas and ways to gain partnerships in geographies that would otherwise not be feasible. 

Let me know your thoughts?

We own 4 vacation rentals on the East Coast of Florida in an area called the Treasure Coast.  I am definitely interested and willing to contribute my time to the creation of the group.  Florida is unique in its laws regarding STR laws and a group I feel will benefit everyone with staying on top of changing regulations and trends.

Count me in!

Originally posted by @Anand S. :

Thanks for the interest folks. Looks like there currently isn't a Mastermind focused on this niche, so forming one would make sense if we there's healthy interest. 

I believe this forum and the relevant podcasts provide a solid resource for the novice player entering or exploring this niche, and envision this Mastermind group as one encompassing seasoned players that can share their experiences and mutually benefit from others doing the same. I also see it as a sounding board for new ideas and ways to gain partnerships in geographies that would otherwise not be feasible. 

Let me know your thoughts?

@Anand S. I'm about to sign my first property within the next 45 days, my partner owns a few STR's, has been operating them for 6 years. I'd love to join such a group. Keep me in the loop.

Would a phone app, Facebook group, or some other means be the most preferable method for you all?

@Anand S. - Count me in! I run 8 full-time furnished rentals for business travelers in San Francisco and San Mateo counties (just south of SF). Also I am part of a US-wide facebook community of furnished rental hosts led by @Al Williamson , and some like @J. Martin are brilliant with a ton of experience. 

@Anand S. , I would love to be part of a Mastermind group focusing on short-term rentals. I currently have a short term vacation rental on the Gulf Coast of Florida and working on a rehab for a vacation rental in South Florida. Any knowledge that I can gain or give would be fantastic. Great idea, please count me in!

I would love to join a national Mastermind group. Count me in! I have 3 Airbnb’s in Miami and am currrently in the process of converting 3 more rentals from long term to short term in the Miami and Ft Lauderdale area. I also run a MeetUp group (something like a Mastermind group) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale where vacation rental owners and managers get together once a month at the VR property of one of our members to network, trade tips on best practices for hosting, and exchange info on which Miami and Ft Lauderdale neighborhoods are doing well on Airbnb. PM me for more details.

I'd love to be involved in this Mastermind group. My business partner and I have learned tons by operating our 6 bedroom STR in Seattle, which is has averaged around 80% occupancy over the past 3 years. Now we're buying cabins in the mountains and doing the same.

What format will our Mastermind group take? I suggest we start with an online group and then meet periodically in person, maybe some sort of a mini STR annual summit?

Currently do STR’s in Scottsdale, AZ. Definitely would be interested in joining the mastermind. Happy to help set it up or provide any assistance i can? Message me if your need anything?