• Hugo, MN
Votes |
Creating an Air BnB Plan

Matt J.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hugo, MN
Posted Jul 9 2020, 10:12

Hey everyone. We currently have 3 long term rentals that have done pretty well for us and for our next purchase, I want to dive into a short term vacation rental.

This will be located too far away from me for me to handle the turns or maintenance issues, so a lot of the operations will need to be outsourced.

Here’s what I believe I need so far.

Financing. Are there banks out there who specifically lend on a BRRRR type basis for a short term rental?

Cleaning company. I believe I’ve read a few posts about using a cleaning company to come in and take care of each turn in between guests.

Licensing with the local municipality and making sure any property is within compliance.

Handyman. Having a handyman on call for any maintenance issues will be key as well.

Furnishing the property. Tv, bedroom furniture, couch, wall decorations, etc. Any go to stores for cheap items that are durable?

Budgeting for cable/internet, utilities, and the other normal expenses involved in a real estate asset. Anything I’m missing here?

Setting up a lockbox paired with an app for guests to do self checkin along with forms for them to fill out noting any issues with the property prior to them checking in.

Amenities like a bbq/grill, patio furniture, etc. Yay or nay?

Professional photographer to really make the property stand out on air bnb and vrbo.

Price out comparable properties in the area to properly analyze deals.

Is there anything I’m missing here or that you would add?

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...