What area has the hottest market right now?

What area has the hottest market right now?

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 3 votes

I’m a fairly new investor in the STL area. Our inventory is low and the market is super hot...I wanted to see who knows where the hottest markets are in the country...? Ready...Set...Go!!!

3Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Will FraserPro Member
Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

HI @Bryant Brooks, welcome back the BiggerPockets forums!  

I think this depends entirely on what is meant by "hot".  For example, I just watched a horrid little house in a D-class location get 19 offers opening weekend when listed at 200% of what it would have sold at 6 months ago . . . So, up 200%+ in 6 months = OKC is hot!  I've heard the same for Little Rock and suspect it should be true for the likes of Wichita, KC, Tulsa, and a few other similar markets.

If hot means sustained growth well above the baseline for the country look no further than Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, and Nashville.

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will FraserPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    HI @Bryant Brooks, welcome back the BiggerPockets forums!  

    I think this depends entirely on what is meant by "hot".  For example, I just watched a horrid little house in a D-class location get 19 offers opening weekend when listed at 200% of what it would have sold at 6 months ago . . . So, up 200%+ in 6 months = OKC is hot!  I've heard the same for Little Rock and suspect it should be true for the likes of Wichita, KC, Tulsa, and a few other similar markets.

    If hot means sustained growth well above the baseline for the country look no further than Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, and Nashville.

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Bryant Brooks

    I agree with Will here. It’s aLos probably true of much of the Midwest being hot + affordable. Places like Houston might have more rapid appreciation but the cost of entry will reflect that.

  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Lots of the western markets are hot now such as Denver, Austin, Phoenix. Many midwest markets are very hot now such as Columbus, Ohio where I am located. Houses are selling for double for what they were bought for 3 years ago in transitional neighborhoods.

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Yuri WoitscheckPro Member
    Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    I can defiantly confirm Denver.. it is borderline insane here still.  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 134 posts · 61 votes
    5y

    I second and third these guys above ^ Denver is super hot in fact so hot we broke a record a couple weeks ago for being the hardest time in history to buy a home in Denver. Crazy

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Columbus, OH @Bryant Brooks. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 834 posts · 449 votes
    5y

    Austin= #1

    Killeen, TX= #6

    I cover both!!!

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Houston, Texas is Super HOT right now

  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 177 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Hi @Yuri Woitscheck, I personally loved Boulder when I visited years ago, there are more bicycles than people there! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Maria, CA · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Bryant Brooks California is still moving like crazy!! For different reasons that just affordable housing, but people throughout the state are selling maybe higher priced metro condos and buying suburban 4 bed homes. Lots of relocation among the state - but demand still remains extremely high! Percentage increase has been up to 15% in some cities of CA!!! 

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Columbus OH

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 664 votes
    5y

    Columbus Oh!

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Columbus, OH for sure

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bryant Brooks:

    I’m a fairly new investor in the STL area. Our inventory is low and the market is super hot...I wanted to see who knows where the hottest markets are in the country...? Ready...Set...Go!!!

     I'll 6th or 7th Columbus. Ive got 2 investments here that cash flow out the wazoo and have appreciated more then $100,000 each in the past year!

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bryant Brooks:

    I’m a fairly new investor in the STL area. Our inventory is low and the market is super hot...I wanted to see who knows where the hottest markets are in the country...? Ready...Set...Go!!!

     I think Columbus, Ohio is a very hot market.

  • Jonathan StyerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 330 posts · 396 votes
    5y

    @Bryant Brooks yup, Columbus is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. Market here is insane right now.

    Styer Real Estate Professionals4.941 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 344 posts · 258 votes
    5y

    As several others have said, Columbus, OH is one of the hottest markets in the Midwest. The lack of existing inventory, coupled with a lagging pace of new construction, has really caused serious appreciation in some of the transitional neighborhoods, as @Marc Rice mentioned above.

    This has weakened cashflow a tad, as entry point in several areas has risen dramatically. But, there's still opportunity there for cashflow, and obviously, appreciation. Especially if you're working with local wholesalers, or better yet, doing your own marketing. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Preach it @Mikael Winkler!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.