Do you agree it is bad idea? Or is it?

Do you agree it is bad idea? Or is it?

Bessemer, AL · Member since 2014 · 581 posts · 32 votes

My real estate partner called me up with some ideas to make some money. As always, his "idea" involves spending thousands of dollars on some real estate investing program. I want no part of that. Anyway, he now wants to get a $17000 loan using a line of credit. He recently lost his 9 to 5 job, so he's desperate for income. His credit score is bad, but my credit score is good. He is pleading with me to co-sign on the line of credit loan. My gut tells me don't do it. He goes on to say I have to take risks to make something happen. I understand that, but I am not doing great financially as far as my own income from my day job. I want to make some progress in real estate, but should co-signing for that $17000 loan be the solution? He really needs my help and I don't think I am able to be a cosigner. He make it sound so easy like the property will pay back the loan in no time. I don't know about all that.

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · NJ · Member since 2018 · 869 posts · 921 votes
7y

I don't think it's a bad idea, I think it's a horrible idea! He obviously has issues if he lost his 9-5, has poor credit and is desperate for income. Those are three major red flags. Maybe you should start looking for a new partner. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2019 · 956 posts · 600 votes
    7y

    @Tony Marcelle don't give someone with bad credit access to your credit. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.