California Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Young Kim
Votes |
Got any advice for a newbie?

Young Kim
Posted Jul 27 2020, 08:02

Hi, I am 25 years old and I live in Lakewood, CA. I managed restaurants for my career, but I was always interested in economics. I started studying the stock markets and I was able to make a little profit from stock markets. I then started foreign exchange trading which is still in progress. As I gained more knowledge about new things I studied even more because I then realized that knowledge is key to success.

Recently, I felt the need for change. The belief of "easy money is too good to be true", or "I won't ever become rich because there are so many other smarter people out there", changed to "how can I do it?" as I obtained more knowledge about how money works. Once I understood that passive income is a real thing, I no longer wanted to live my life working for a fixed salary. I am a very passionate, motivated, and desperately want to succeed in achieving my passive income. I knew for sure that if I continued on with my current career, I will never achieve my goal.

Recently, I have started reading a book about real estate and listened to some podcasts on this platform. I do understand that this journey will not be easy for me, but I am willing to take the risk, and work my butt off. I decided that first thing I need to do is to get myself a real estate agency license and to jump into the market because I believe that it would show me so much more about where I should begin and what I should dig into. Although I have watched real estate videos/tutorials for beginners on several different platforms, I am clueless about what this will be like and what I should be focusing on in order to build my success in real estate.

I was hoping if anyone could give me feedback on where to really start if I want to earn income working as real estate agent, and to invest that money in building my wealth by flipping houses, or investing in rental properties. What should I focus on? Is working as an agent's assistant the best option out there to get my foot on the door? Please help!

Loading replies...