Javier Mendez
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Areas for STR in San Diego -- looking for properties

Javier Mendez
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Mar 3 2021, 01:19

Hi everyone,

I'm considering an investment property in San Diego and would appreciate any help. Considering a single family home I can Airbnb and use as a vacation home when I go visit family in the area. Budget I'm considering is <700K -- credit report and downpayment should be no problem. This would be a long term buy and hold for me. I'm not located in the area but I have family in the area that could help with rehab, if necessary -- closer to move-in ready would be ideal but not a deal breaker if its in a solid location. I'm not necessarily looking for a high ROI property since I'm banking on appreciation and plan to frequent the area to visit my folk. Location is really important to me though.

My main question is any recommendations on locations I should be looking at? I really like the golden hill/south park area due to its proximity to downtown and being so central (assuming its great for ABNB). Would love to hear some opinions on other areas to consider. 

Lastly, whats the market feel from local investors/agents? Are we in a seller's market? I'm not in a rush to be a buyer and have patience for a good value property. 

Loading replies...