New member and Realtor, Merrimack Valley area, MA

12 Replies

Hi everyone,

I just want to start off by saying this forum is AWESOME to say the least. So much valuable information here for everyone.

I became a Realtor this year licensed in MA and looking forward to properties to invest in. I look forward to go through as much information as possible on here and sharing as well.

:)

Welcome Jochy. There are a lot of super helpful people and great advice on this site! I'm a "fix and hold" investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! A lot of others doing flips, wholesaling, notes, everything.. A few tips..

You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the "vote" button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are "awards" to earn on your profile. The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and most importantly, the BP members! Welcome to BP, and good luck on your investments!

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

@Jochy Perez

Welcome. Build the foundation.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 50 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Brandon Turner did a great post The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/08/24/real-estate-agents-working-with-investors/

Good Luck

Paul

Welcome, Jochy,

there are lots of MA investors here on BP, and many networking opportunities locally as well for investors. The closest and easiest group to you is NewEnglandREIA.com in Chelmsford. Next, @Mike Hurney runs the group at MassRealEstate.net in Peabody. Our Black Diamond group is next Tuesday in Waltham, URL in my signature, free, no selling speakers or pitches. @Justin Silverio runs a quarterly BP unofficial free meetup in Reading.

If you set your keywords to include MA and Massachusetts, you'll find threads and events with local investors. Hope to meet you soon!

Welcome to BP, @Account Closed .

What brokerage are you working with? Also, what type of investing are you looking to get into? I would agree with Ann to get around to the local networking events. You'll meet a lot of great people. If you're interested in attending my networking event, shoot me a PM with your email address so I can add you to my mailing list.

Hey Jochy, welcome to BP.

This is a great place to learn and hook up with some great contacts locally and all over. Read the articles and listen to the podcasts and be active in the forums and you will learn a ton really fast about anything you are interested in.

As Ann mentioned there are a lot of good local events you can go to in order to meet people. If you want to be ambitious aside from those there are more as you get to Boston and go south and there are a couple in NH as well.

Good luck and hope to see you around.

@Jochy Perez Weichert's been working hard for a slice of the pie, you making progress?

Welcome to BP.

We've got a big meeting next Tuesday 2/25 Link below.

Mike

@Account Closed I also just became licensed as an agent in MA. I have decided to focus on assisting investors find undervalued properties. If you want to focus on investors, be sure to learn all of the relevant formulas and investment principles that are discussed on BP. Feel free to reach out to me as well with any questions. Good Luck!

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you