well wishes from massachusetts

16 Replies

I'm Lynn Migliori currently living in Massachusetts.

Glad to have found your board.

I hope to make new relationships and mostly live my dream

I've done mortgage originating in the past as well as telemarketing for a local wholesaler.Real estate has been a passion of mine for many years and I am finally ready to take the leap and succeed for myself.

I am confident and outgoing which makes me great at networking

I realize I have tons to learn and appreciate finding a great place to start

I wish you all well in all your deals

Hi Lynn, welcome to BP.

Sounds like you are getting in the game with a pretty good background and some experience in the field. Always an asset when getting started doing your own investing.

Make sure to listen to all the BP podcasts, read the articles on the main blog and be active in these forums to learn a ton very quickly about any topic in real estate you want to know more about.

This is also a great place to meet people that can be assets to your business. Lots of great connections all over but we also have a very strong and active contingent here in MA on here so make sure to find them (Set up some keyword alerts to find out about local topics) and get connected.

Besides doing that on here make sure to get out to some of the many local investor events we have. An obvious one for you is the Eastern Mass REIA meeting in Taunton. I believe there is a REIA in or around Providence which is probably closer than any other MA one for you. Other ones South of Boston are meetings in Plymouth, Rockland and the Cape. If you really like driving lots more stuff more north too. :)

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

The group I know of in Providence is the RI Real Estate Investors Group which meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month; see rireig.com - there may be others, but that's the one I know.

I swear I heard someone say there was a group in the Taunton area at one point, but I don't remember the details (if I ever knew them). It's worth Googling a bit though.

If there isn't a "508 REIA" maybe there should be - there's an awful lot of towns in the Fall River / New Bedford etc. area (including all the towns around 195, Rt 44 and Rt 24) and they're definitely a market to themselves.

@Lynn Migliori

I agree with @Anthony Thompson you are definitely situated in an excellent area for Multi Family investment being from Fall River. A lot of people are already in the business there but there is still a ton of opportunity there. I am somewhat new on this forum but everyone on here is very helpful with answering questions. I have learned a ton in just a month of being on here. There is a group for the 508 that meets next week, but I am not sure of the specifics. I think they meet next week, if I find out more and you're interested just let me know, I'm planning on attending if my schedule allow. Just read as much as you can and don't be afraid to post to the forums for any subjects you are curious about.

@Lynn Migliori

Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need. Taunton, Rockland, Plymouth, Cape Cod and Providence are good meetings for you.

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

I currently live and invest in Fall River. There are allot of bad deals on the market right now, but if you pay attention and move fast enough you can get some really great properties here. I am mostly into the buy and hold strategy myself and I prefer to work with either the 02720 or 02724 zip codes. I prefer to just focus on my area and don't get sidetracked by the other shiny objects around me.

Cheers!

If there are any Investors/wholesalers in the fall river area, I am always looking to connect!

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

Hey @Lynn Migliori Welcome! Definitely start jumping into the community here! Be sure to read through The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing to help you get started.

Finally -be sure to setup some keyword alerts - especially for "Fall River" so you can jump into local conversations.

See you around the forums!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you