New Investor in Kansas City, MO

New Investor in Kansas City, MO

Real Estate Investor · OK · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 6 votes

Hi All,

I am Rayanna (Ray). I just signed on to this site & look forward to reading more of the information on it. I promise to upload a picture as soon as I get a good one. (I am always the one behind the camera.)

I also look forward to networking with those closer to my area in order to toss back-and-forth ideas, etc.

Thank you, -Ray

0Reply
16 views

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2013 · 388 posts · 200 votes
    12y

    Welcome to the BP. Kansas City has a growing community. Do a keyword search for Kansas City and find lots of great conversations and meetups.

  • Lawrence, KS · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Hi Rayanna. I'm new here too. I'm from Lawrence, KS but I'm looking to get started investing in Kansas City. I recently found this and I'm planning on going to the next meet up. I thought it could be useful for you as well...

    http://www.meetup.com/Bigger-Pockets-Kansas-City/events/174454982/

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    12y

    hello there I am wholesaling homes in Kansas city. If you ever bring me a buyer, I will pay a referral fee. Here is my site. http://ihavewholesalehomes.com/

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Rayanna Scott Welcome to BP. You're fortunate to live in a great market for cash flow. Although I'm from CA myself, we offer turn key properties in Kansas City so I know the area well. Feel free to reach out if I can help you or if you want to bounce ideas around.

    Best wishes,

    Mike

  • Real Estate Investor · Belton, MO · Member since 2013 · 50 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP.

    There are so many helpful people here, with so much experience. If you ever have any kind of question there is someone always able to help.

  • Real Estate Investor · OK · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Thank you everyone! I am very excited knowing more KC people are on here. I will check out the links/sites provided.

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome @Rayanna Scott

    KC is a great market.

    You will find BP to be a great source for all kinds of real estate knowledge.

    Thanks and have a great day.

  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwood, MO · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 10 votes
    12y
    Welcome Ray, Looking forward to connecting. We have a few different meetup groups that are mainly people who are on BP.
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Rayanna Scott Thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

    Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Kansas City" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

    Thanks again for introducing yourself!

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City MO · Member since 2013 · 147 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP, KC Mo is where we currently invest.

  • Real Estate Investor · OK · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Shawn S. Just curious...'how' do you invest here in KC when you are in Wisconsin? Do you have a team here or do you travel here? I ask b/c I am interested in the St. Louis market (after getting my feet under me). Just not sure how investors work in markets where they are not present, unless they start a team in that market.

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City MO · Member since 2013 · 147 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    I was raised there so have some connections. We have traveled, but most of what we do is with a team. My brother is a mortgage banker, his good friend is a PM, and the PM's wife is a RE agent. Then I've made further connections from there. It seems to just snowball if you can find the right person to get it going.

  • Real Estate Investor · OK · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Shawn S. Thank you! I do have a friend in St. Louis that used to be a RE agent in CA. She is interested in getting back in to RE but is new to St. Louis. I may try to figure out how to get her started there while I start here.

  • Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2012 · 85 posts · 19 votes
    12y

    Hey Ray,

    What parts of KC,MO are you looking to invest in? I invest/live in urban historic areas and buy multi in St. Louis.

  • Real Estate Investor · OK · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    @Account Closed

    Hi Kyler,

    Currently, I am concentrating in the Gladstone area. I am also keeping my eye open to other areas north of the river...but I plan starting in Gladstone. What parts of KC do you invest in?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.