New Investor in Learning Mode

New Investor in Learning Mode

Member since 2026 · 36 posts · 21 votes

Hi all — excited to be here!

I’m at the very beginning of my real estate journey and currently focused on learning the fundamentals before jumping into anything. I’m exploring real estate as a long-term wealth-building strategy and researching rental models (including turnkey and out-of-state investing) to see what aligns best.

I appreciate any insights for someone in the early research stage — happy to learn.

10Reply
649 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6mo

Welcome, Deborah. You're smart to educate yourself first. Understand property classes and know that owning a lot of cheap properties is usually not as profitable as fewer but better properties that are close to you. Cheap properties in the Midwest are cheap for a reason. Higher maintenance, evictions, poor tenant pool. Take your time.

See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.