Seeking Real Estate Mentorship and Partnership Opportunities

Seeking Real Estate Mentorship and Partnership Opportunities

Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 5 votes

Hi BiggerPockets community,
I’m currently looking to connect with experienced real estate investors who are open to mentorship, partnerships, or collaboration opportunities.
I’m newer to real estate investing, but I’m serious about learning, taking action, and building long-term relationships in this space. My main interest is in small multifamily properties, value-add opportunities, and deals where the numbers make sense.
What I bring to the table is my background as an electrical contractor in the energy sector and electrical. I understand electrical systems, repair costs, upgrades, solar, energy efficiency, and the contractor side of projects. I believe this can be valuable when analyzing properties, estimating repairs, identifying potential issues, and adding value to a deal.
I’m looking to learn from someone with experience and would love the opportunity to help on deals, walk properties, review numbers, assist with project planning, or bring my trade knowledge to a partnership.
I'm especially interested in connecting with investors who are active in multifamily, BRRRR, flips, or value-add rentals.
I’m open to conversations, advice, partnerships, or simply learning from others who are already doing what I’m working toward.
Thank you, and I’d appreciate any guidance or connections.

2Reply
214 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3mo

Hey Jesus,

Having a trade background like electrical is genuinely valuable in real estate, especially for value-add and multifamily deals where rehab scope can make or break the numbers.

One thing I’d keep in mind is that mentorship and partnerships usually don’t start with someone saying “yes” to a formal arrangement. They tend to develop organically through smaller interactions first. Things like walking a property together, helping estimate a rehab, reviewing a deal, or just having ongoing conversations about opportunities in your market.

If you focus on showing value first, like offering to help break down electrical issues or repair estimates on deals you come across, you’ll naturally start building trust with active investors. That often turns into mentorship and eventually partnerships over time.

Also, don’t overlook local networking groups, REIAs, and broker relationships in your area. A lot of experienced investors are already active locally, but they tend to be selective about who they collaborate with. Consistency and follow-up go a long way here.

You’re already bringing a real skill set to the table, which puts you ahead of most beginners who are only offering capital or interest. Just pair that with patience and repetition in your outreach.

I’m a broker in the NYC and Long Island markets and always open to connecting with investors and professionals in the space. My DMs are open if you ever want to share ideas or talk shop.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3mo

    @Jesus Cruz

    Your knowledge about electrical work will certainly be an asset, your ability to identify problems and to know how much a repair will cost will be extremely useful, helping your investors avoid wasting their money. I would say that one should concentrate on making real connections and providing some value first, all great mentors have started this way.

    Good luck!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3mo

    Hey Jesus, Glad to have you aboard

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Lots of luck.

  • Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3mo

    Hey Jesus,

    Having a trade background like electrical is genuinely valuable in real estate, especially for value-add and multifamily deals where rehab scope can make or break the numbers.

    One thing I’d keep in mind is that mentorship and partnerships usually don’t start with someone saying “yes” to a formal arrangement. They tend to develop organically through smaller interactions first. Things like walking a property together, helping estimate a rehab, reviewing a deal, or just having ongoing conversations about opportunities in your market.

    If you focus on showing value first, like offering to help break down electrical issues or repair estimates on deals you come across, you’ll naturally start building trust with active investors. That often turns into mentorship and eventually partnerships over time.

    Also, don’t overlook local networking groups, REIAs, and broker relationships in your area. A lot of experienced investors are already active locally, but they tend to be selective about who they collaborate with. Consistency and follow-up go a long way here.

    You’re already bringing a real skill set to the table, which puts you ahead of most beginners who are only offering capital or interest. Just pair that with patience and repetition in your outreach.

    I’m a broker in the NYC and Long Island markets and always open to connecting with investors and professionals in the space. My DMs are open if you ever want to share ideas or talk shop.

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3mo
    Quote from @Jesus Cruz:

    Hi BiggerPockets community,
    I’m currently looking to connect with experienced real estate investors who are open to mentorship, partnerships, or collaboration opportunities.
    I’m newer to real estate investing, but I’m serious about learning, taking action, and building long-term relationships in this space. My main interest is in small multifamily properties, value-add opportunities, and deals where the numbers make sense.
    What I bring to the table is my background as an electrical contractor in the energy sector and electrical. I understand electrical systems, repair costs, upgrades, solar, energy efficiency, and the contractor side of projects. I believe this can be valuable when analyzing properties, estimating repairs, identifying potential issues, and adding value to a deal.
    I’m looking to learn from someone with experience and would love the opportunity to help on deals, walk properties, review numbers, assist with project planning, or bring my trade knowledge to a partnership.
    I'm especially interested in connecting with investors who are active in multifamily, BRRRR, flips, or value-add rentals.
    I’m open to conversations, advice, partnerships, or simply learning from others who are already doing what I’m working toward.
    Thank you, and I’d appreciate any guidance or connections.


    I used to think the hardest part was finding a mentor.

    The longer I've been around real estate, the more I've realized experienced investors usually pay attention when someone brings a skill they don't have.

    The phrase that stood out to me was "electrical contractor."

    I've seen deals where the acquisition wasn't what saved money. It was having someone who could quickly identify whether a service upgrade, panel replacement, or electrical issue was a $2,000 problem or a $20,000 problem before closing.

    A lot of people looking for mentorship are starting with enthusiasm. You're starting with a trade that directly impacts deal economics.

    Have you spent much time helping investors walk properties yet, or are you still looking for your first opportunity to get involved on that side?

  • Member since 2026 · 59 posts · 16 votes
    3mo

    Welcome to BP Jesus!

    You already have a valuable advantage—your electrical background gives you insight that many new investors don't have. Being able to evaluate repair costs, system upgrades, and value-add opportunities can make a big difference when analyzing deals.

    From my experience working with rental property owners, I'd also encourage you to spend time learning what happens after the purchase. Strong operations are just as important as finding a good deal. The way a property is managed—including strategies like co-living when it's the right fit—can have a significant impact on occupancy, cash flow, and long-term returns.

    Wishing you the best as you grow your network. I'd be happy to connect and share insights along the way.

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2026 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    2mo

    Welcome to the community. I think you actually bring something that many new investors are missing—the ability to understand the construction side of a deal.

    One of the biggest challenges I see with value-add properties is accurately estimating repair costs and knowing which improvements will actually create value versus just spending money. Having someone who understands electrical systems, upgrades, and energy efficiency can be a huge advantage when evaluating opportunities.

    I’m a California real estate agent and investor, and I’ve been focused on building my own portfolio as well. I’ve found that the best partnerships usually come from people bringing different skill sets to the table.

    I’d be interested in connecting and learning more about your goals. Are you mainly looking to invest in your local market, or are you open to looking at opportunities in different states?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.