New member in Leesburg, VA

7 Replies

Hi Bigger Pockets!

I'm a practicing attorney in Northern Virginia with an interest in real estate. I'm also in the process of obtaining my real estate license for use in my own personal investments. I would like to eventually associate with a broker and/or other investor in a mentoring capacity. I look forward to corresponding with you all in the months to come.

Alexis

@Alexis Downing  

Welcome to BP Alexis! It's nice to see someone that's from the NOVA area. Finding a mentor is the BEST way to learn about REI hands on and get seem experience under your belt. Check out some local REIAs & find a mentor in a niche you're interested in. The founder of the site, Joshua Dorkin, sees the mentee route as a far better way then splurging thousands on guru "trainings" or "programs" that simply serve to masquerade the upsell to an EVEN MORE expensive course!

Happy investing!

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

@Alexis Downing

Welcome to bp! Keep up with posting and asking questions that is the best way meet new people and learn about real estate investing. The people on bp have a lot of information they are very willing to share to people who want to learn.

Alexis welcome to BP. As others have stated this is a great place to start and a REIA would be a good move to network with investors in your area. I currently rehab in PG County so I'm not sure how hopefully I would be to your specific questions but if you have any, feel free. Also I think getting your license is a good move so kudos on that decision.

Hey @Alexis Downing  welcome! Definitely start jumping into the community here! Be sure to read through The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing to help you get started.

Finally -be sure to setup some keyword alerts - especially for "Leesburg" so you can jump into local conversations.

See you around the forums!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you