• Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Brand New To BP!!

Michael Swan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jul 13 2014, 15:46

My name is Michael Swan and have been reading info and listening to the Podcasts for a while now. I just recently became a basic member here.  I have 10 condo rental properties in a suburb of sunny San Diego.  I have acquired these properties in the last three years.  I really enjoy being a landlord and I manage all the properties by myself.  I also am a full time teacher and a part time adjunct professor at Miramar College.  The appreciation that happened in the last few years is remarkable.  I now have way too much equity in these properties.  I'm a little worried that this equity will be a mirage.  I have seen this before in San Diego.  I have lived in San Diego since the 1970's.  Apartment cap rates are way too low and cash flowing Condo business model I started with isn't appealing any longer.  We have approximately $60,000 cash flow right now.  We invested approximately $600,000.00.  The outstanding loans are approximately $700,000.00.  The properties are worth approximately $2,000,000-2,200,000.  I am researching areas of the country that have excellent rent to value ratios.  BP has already been extremely valuable in narrowing my search based on past podcasts.  I look forward to contributing on the forums.  If anyone wants to pick my brain, feel free to connect with me on BP.  My nick name is Swanny.

Take care,

Swanny

Loading replies...