Newbie in Katy, TX

13 Replies

Hello Friends,

Newbie in Katy/Houston area recently transplanted from New York.  Brand new to real estate.  Looking to learn as much as possible about wholesaling and flipping and build great professional relationships.

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

Welcome to BP and TX Boyde.  No better place to be right now in my opinion.  This site is addictive and very informative.  Lots of great people to get advice from.  Good luck to you!

Welcome @Boyde Greenaway  ! 
A few tips on navigating the site you can view specific forum categories by hovering over the "Forums" at the top menu bar and selecting "All Forums" 
Since you wanted to know some more information on wholesaling here is the link to that category Wholesaling

You could also set up keyword alerts in your settings and it will notify you anytime someone is discussing your specific keywords. Such as "Wholesaling",  "Katy"  & "Texas" 

Hope that helped! :D

Welcome Boyde!  Be sure to check out the "Learn" tab at the top of the page and download the free "How To" guides as they can be a great starting point.  Best of luck!

Hey @Boyde Greenaway  welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

Oh - and here are my favorite articles on Wholesaling:

Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

See you around the site!

@Boyde Greenaway  

Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

@Boyde Greenaway  

Welcome fellow Bigger Pockets member! This is a great forum and I am sure it will help you learn many facets of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first investment property over 40 years ago and only wish that I had a resource like BP community when I got started! So you are in a good company.

Some say that your net-worth equals your network, and this is the place to make right connections. You should also find investors locally and network with them face-to-face. Find people close to you using MEET feature. Also, look for investor meetings on Meetup.

All the best!

Hey @Boyde Greenaway  welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

And oh, learn how to use BiggerPockets to grow your business by checking this quick guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/biz

See you around!

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you