Billionaire Investor From Puyallup WA

Billionaire Investor From Puyallup WA

Puyallup, WA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 9 votes

Got you to click didn't I?

Hey I'm Chris Guthrie but I'm not a billionaire (Sorry to disappoint you, I'm disappointed as well). I'm 30 years old and I'm fortunate enough to have been self employed for nearly a half decade primarily earning money through internet entrepreneur activities (e.g. software products, websites etc).

I'm escaping my Bigger Pockets long time podcast listener and forum lurker shell to participate in the community. My ultimate goal this year is to hug Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner at the same time.

Looking forward to learning.

5Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

Well well well, look who finally decided to introduce himself into the BiggerPockets Forums! Now that we have you, you are stuck here forever. 

Oh and I found this for you: (I don't know why... it just reminded me of you.) 

and it would be impossible to hug both @Joshua D. and I at the same time. I am far too tall. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    12y

    Welcome to bigger pockets.

    I agree that hugging people is a good goal, what are your real estate goals?

    What kind of investing are you interested in?
    Do you want to Wholesale, Fix-n-Flip, Long Term Buy and Holds, or a different option?

    How do you plan to help the Bigger Pockets community?
    How can the community help you be successful?

    If you don't the answer to these questions.  That is okay, it is still great that you logged in and said "Hi".

    Have a great day.

  • Investor · Merrillville, IN · Member since 2014 · 76 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    I find this very funny, welcome to BP

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    Chris why are you leaving your internet marketing products ?

    You have been selling your products for a long time now.

    Regardless good luck 

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    Glad you came out of the BP closet!! Also glad to have someone new participating who doesn't take themselves too seriously. Welcome!!!
  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 9 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Ramon Jenkins:

    Chris why are you leaving your internet marketing products ?

    You have been selling your products for a long time now.

    Regardless good luck 

    Not leaving at all. I just want to invest extra income into real estate. My family lives on a lot less than what my businesses currently produce so I'm fortunate to have the problem of knowing what to do with the surplus cash.

    Our last debt is our mortgage on our $130k house. (Just paid off $90k of wife's student loans - that was major financial mistake #2 in our life)

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 9 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Hattie Dizmond:

    Glad you came out of the BP closet!! Also glad to have someone new participating who doesn't take themselves too seriously. Welcome!!!

     Billionaires are very serious.

  • Real Estate Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2012 · 480 posts · 116 votes
    12y

    @Chris Guthrie 

    Yeah, got us to look. Welcome to BP. We're up in Kirkland. Sounds like you've got some talent that can be leveraged toward real estate investing. Much success!

  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    12y

    @Chris Guthrie 

    I'll put up with your humor if you wear a cunning hat

    and your ship is Firefly Class

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 9 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Gerald K.:

    @Chris Guthrie 

    Yeah, got us to look. Welcome to BP. We're up in Kirkland. Sounds like you've got some talent that can be leveraged toward real estate investing. Much success!

    We shall see - I don't think there is a lot of skill transfer. I can tell people how to improve their websites etc (that's about the closest skill that could help real estate agents for example) but I'm still new to doing real estate investing.

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Chris Guthrie welcome to the site! That got me, that billionaire stat you have. lol Anyway, definitely jump in the forums and learn as much as you can. Also check the blogs and podcasts -- they're awesome too!

    If you like, you can check this quick guide to learn how to use BiggerPockets to grow your business: http://www.biggerpockets.com/biz

    See you around!

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Investor · Sebastian, FL · Member since 2014 · 812 posts · 432 votes
    12y

    @Chris Guthrie  Welcome! 

    Hey, screw-ups like you are one step ahead of the masses, you took action. ;)  I tend toward the Smart @$$ side of humor myself, and try not to take life too seriously either.

    Mistakes are where the real learning takes place. I made lots of mistakes early on, and still do. One thing that I have learned is that REI is full of opportunities to screw up, but is also pretty forgiving if you learn how to recognize your mistakes early on. I think the key to being successfully involved in real estate is not being afraid to make mistakes, but learning from them. You have come to the right place to learn, and hopefully you can learn from the mistakes of the rest of us and minimize your own. Good luck!

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Thanks @Walt Payne 

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2012 · 605 posts · 103 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP, do you create websites?

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Chris Guthrie - Did @Brandon Turner finally pay you off?  Its great to see you around the way, sir.  And as for being a billionaire . . . 

    Yeah . . . I had to go there . . .

  • Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 105 posts · 28 votes
    12y

    Welcome, Sir Billionaire Guthrie!

    Look forward to you chiming in on the site! :D
    You have a solid ultimate goal. Try setting a date to it.

  • Real Estate Professional · Griswold, CT · Member since 2014 · 46 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    @Chris Guthrie Welcome! I have only been on this site a short time as well and the help and information provided from the resources as well as members is incredible. Wish you all the success in the world. 

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 451 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP...

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    12y

    @Chris Guthrie...

    Welcome!!

  • Kirkland, WA · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    @Chris Guthrie - It was nice to meet you at the BP meetup last month!  Glad you'll be making a more visible appearance on here.  :)

  • Investor · Smithville, MO · Member since 2014 · 160 posts · 19 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Chris Guthrie !  Great way to start a thread! :-)

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Well well well, look who finally decided to introduce himself into the BiggerPockets Forums! Now that we have you, you are stuck here forever. 

    Oh and I found this for you: (I don't know why... it just reminded me of you.) 

    and it would be impossible to hug both @Joshua D. and I at the same time. I am far too tall. 

  • Investor · Aurora, CO · Member since 2013 · 97 posts · 40 votes
    12y

    Oh come on Brandon.  It'd be possible.  Just disturbing.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Oh darn it...I thought I am the only billionaire in BP (LOL).

    As far as hugging @Brandon Turner & @Joshua D. at the same time...yeah, I agree...that's disturbing. And don't do it when @Ben Leybovich is around :-)

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Chris Guthrie  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. 

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    It wouldn't be impossible to hug both @Brandon Turner and @Joshua D. at the same time - I do it all the time.  Though, truth be known, I enjoy hugging Brandon more; something about him...

    If this doesn't start some rumors, I don't know what will @Brian Burke :)

    @Chris Guthrie - welcome !  You'll love it here :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.