BP Freshman in RVA

14 Replies

Hello all! Brand new to real estate investing and actually still in the beginning stages of my learning. I've read a few books and coming up this weekend I'll be attending the Rich Dad 3 day course which I've heard mixed reviews but overall seems to be helpful. I've learned a lot just these few days on BP and hopefully I'll also be making it to he REIA meeting next month.

I'm in Richmond VA and so far more drawn to the rehab/wholesale role of investing, but open to all information. I'm ready to jump into action soon just still a bit nervous about making a decision that could financially impact my household, but I know if you don't take the 1st step then you'll never know what you can accomplish and God never puts you in a situation you can't handle so with that....I look forward to all you have to offer. The goal is to quit my job and make this full time career!!!!

Welcome aboard, Cassie.  What books have you read so far? 

I suggest you don't commit to any courses beyond the Rich Dad 3 Day you are going to until you post about what it is, and how much it costs here.  The reason is that you may be able to learn more for less, elsewhere.  Here, even.

We're glad you've joined us!

Hi Cassie. Welcome to BP! It's a great community and can help you stay motivated and educated as you start your journey. The Richmond REIA is a great group. Every meeting I've attended has been chocked full of value. Look me up in October at the meeting and say hi!

Promotion
Speed To Lead
Buy hot seller leads w/o subscription
Buy daily seller leads that are actually ready to sell
Finally there's a place where you can buy leads that asked for urgent help selling their house

Welcome to BP community @Cassie Davis   It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best! 

@Jon Klaus so far I've read Rich Dad Poor Dad , Rich Dads Guide to Real estate investing, and A beginners Guide to Investing ( which also covered a bit of the stock market)...I've already heard there is going to be sales pitch for a $5k course which I don't have and don't think I would go for even I did...thanks for the heads up

@Cassie Davis welcome to the awesome world of real estate investing. I look forward to seeing you at REIA. Spots are filling up quickly for the October meeting.

I completely agree with @Jon Klaus  on staying away from the 3-day courses after you attend the Rich Dad event.  The best way to learn is from successful people in the industry, especially in your area.

Also, I really recommend listening the the BiggerPockets podcasts.  I have learned so much from them and they have helped in the success I have had thus far.

Cassie - I'm a real estate attorney here in Richmond. I represent several of the REIA investors and attend the meetings regularly. There is also a RING meetup as well that offers similar connections and information. I offer a free consultation to anyone getting into the business so feel free to give me a call. Ill look forward to seeing you at the next meeting! Best of luck

www.tluchaklaw.com

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now

Welcome @Cassie Davis  I like your name.  lol.  BP is the best place to test the waters...its like having all your mentors in one place.  All you have to do is put in the time to do your research.

@Sean Tluchak  Can I give you a call this week?  I'd like to have a consultation with you some time soon. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you