New Investor Richmond, VA

12 Replies

Hello Everyone!My name is James Sheppard, I currently live in Richmond, VA and have begun my entrepreneurial journey with real estate wholesaling.I am new to real estate but after listening to the BP podcast and also reading forums and seeing how hopefully this community is I have decided to take this leap of controlling my own destiny.I am here to contribute and learn as much as possible from the BP community.I would like to reach out to anybody in my community and in the state of Virginia that needs any help in their real estate venture.

@James Sheppard hi James . Same here. I'm in richmond va also BP has been very helpful in regards to education and getting a plan together. I'm interested in wholesaling also and really want to get into rehabbing but I'm still in the very beginning of my learning. Again BP is extremely informative. good luck to you!!

Welcome to Biggerpocket!

We are buy and hold investors and own in Virginia Beach.

The only thing we all agree about is investing in Real Estate. Beyond that there are many different style and types of investing. Definitely check out the blogs, podcast and forums. If your company has a website you should put that in your signature. That is another great way to connect and meet people.

Another great source of information is individual blogs found in peoples signatures. Many of us including myself write about our niche.My blog/website is about long distance self management, landlording, investing in class A investments, investing in a transient lifestyle, etc.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property

Hello @James Sheppard  and @Cassie Davis ! The monthly REIA meetup group is an excellent place to meet people in the Richmond area involved in real estate. You will find wholesellers, agents, lawyers, lenders, rehabbers, contractors, landlords and many other species of real estate participants there! Look for the group on meetup.com.

Hope to see you around!

Welcome to BP community @James Sheppard   It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Wishing you the best! 

Hello Everyone would like to thank you all for the warm introduction and the good advice that has been provided thus far.  @Cassie Davis  and @Shera Gregory I will be in attendance to the next Richmond REI meeting and also let me know if there is anything that I can help you with in the future.

Thanks Again

James S.

@James Sheppard the meeting was great last night. I didnt say much but I learned a lot lol, and all the investors were very welcoming. Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting

Elizabeth Colegrove I am an investor from California that primarily invests in Indianapolis. I am looking to expand my portfolio into another market. You seem like a good resource for me. Perhaps we can be a resource for each other.

Please consider TX as you do your due diligence. As an investor here, I really like our great base of blue collar, Hispanic buyers. Hard working people and it drives the demand for affordable housing. Yet, the prices are very affordable.....so much land here! 

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you