Newbie - UK based

11 Replies

Hi Everyone!

I am from the the UK looking to start investing in real estate soon. I am currently working full time and saving to fund my first flip and get on the track to building weath! 

My plan is to use a combination of House flipping and Buy + Hold investments to build a steady cashflow and enough passive income to invest full time. 

I would like any advice that anyone can give! and any warnings for potential pitfalls i may come into from my first flip. 

Thank you!

Jack

Promotion
PropStream
Web + D4D Mobile App for you & the team!
Trusted Provider of Real Estate Data, Marketing, Skip Tracing & A
#1 Real Estate Software for Investors, Agents & Brokers to find leads and close deals nationwide.
7 Day Free Trial!
Originally posted by @Jack Arnold :

Hi Everyone!

I am from the the UK looking to start investing in real estate soon. I am currently working full time and saving to fund my first flip and get on the track to building weath! 

My plan is to use a combination of House flipping and Buy + Hold investments to build a steady cashflow and enough passive income to invest full time. 

I would like any advice that anyone can give! and any warnings for potential pitfalls i may come into from my first flip. 

Thank you!

Jack

Welcome to Bigger Pockets Jack,

We actually have actually worked with a few investors from the UK.

Sorry for the Ashes whitewash haha

Thanks and see you around the forum :)

I think it is smart of you to look into both flipping and buy & hold.  My first deal was a flip and it went great. Im waiting on a few short sales to go through the bank right now but doing that first flip gave me enough money to buy another to fix up a bit and rent out.  Good luck and welcome to the site

Hey @Jack Arnold  welcome to BiggerPockets! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

Also - be sure to check out the post "House Flipping: The Best of BiggerPockets." It's a collection of the best flipping info from the site.

Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

See you around the site!

Thank you @Brandon Turner

I have read through the Beginners guide and found it very helpful but think i might have to get your book on how to invest with low/no money down because generating the capital to start trading is going to be the hardest part for me I think. I don't really like the idea of wholesaling so i think a hard money lender might be my only option for now. 

I was considering doing a live-in-flip but I think as I currently still live with my parents that the holding costs would outweigh the benefits. 

Thank you for your advice and will continue to learn and update everyone on my progress!   

@Jack Arnold Good to see we are both from UK. I'm from London and a complete Newbie. Would love the opportunity to catch-up and learn as much as I can from you. Have read so much on BiggerPockets but not sure how to get started still as most opportunities are in the States.

I'll really appreciate that.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you