• Investor
  • Ithaca, NY
Votes |
New member from Central, NY

Kelly Skeval
  • Investor
  • Ithaca, NY
Posted Apr 5 2015, 17:25

Hello! I've been a member of bigger pockets for a few months but have not introduced myself yet. My name is Kelly and I am from Central New York. I've acquired 3 duplexes in the past 5 years. I'm a part time veterinary technician and stay home with my 2 small children (thanks to our real estate income)! My husband is very involved with our rental properties too.

We are interested in expanding our real estate portfolio. I like buy and hold multi units and have a serious interest in mobile home parks but ultimately just want to invest in whatever makes sense and will work for us. My husband is more interested in flips. 

Most recently we have been discussing investing out of state since the taxes in NYS are outrages. I'm interested to hear where the best places to invest in buy and hold real estate are? Our current properties are in a college town. I've just begun research on the Richmond, VA area where we have family but would like to hear the opinions of some seasoned investors.

Thank you to those who take the time to offer your expertise on this site. I have learned so much in the short time I've been a member.

• Real Estate Agent

Loading replies...