• Investor
  • Visalia, CA
Votes |
Enthusiastic and excited! Beginner investor located in Santa Barbara CA

Carlos Villarreal
  • Investor
  • Visalia, CA
Posted Apr 15 2015, 00:16

Hello to all in the biggerpockets community!

My name is Carlos! Recently I've decided to step into the world of REI. I didn't just decide to one day do this because of money, job status etc. What really appeals to me about becoming an investor is the flexibility it offers and the social aspect of interacting with others whilst working and providing income for oneself. Thus after looking around and seeing how typical "jobs" didn't offer what I was looking for, I looked towards real estate. One of my buddies, whom shares the same entrepreneurial drive as I, was stepping into REI last summer which really caught my attention. Now he is doing pretty well for himself, which has made me very excited about investing! Overall I want to get into REI so I can have as much free time as possible in order to create and found my own start-up company, while creating income to live off of. I graduated from University of California, Santa Barbara with a B.S. in statistical science and never really wanted to work full time for anyone else (though I am at the moment). If I'm going to work for anyone and be passionate about what I am doing it's going to be for myself. I have an entrepreneurial drive and a passion for technology. As such I have skills in website development (HTML,CSS, javascript) and general programming( Python, Java, Swift). My major strength lies in data analysis and manipulating databases (SQL,R), thus analyzing trends and data is a strong skill of mine, which I am hoping will translate directly into REI. Currently I am looking to get into wholesaling single family homes and am seeking resources to help guide me. What I am really looking for is a place wherein I can use my skills and work ethic to help whilst receiving guidance on how to become a better RE investor, which I believe this site will!

Thank You!

Loading replies...