​Newbie from Minnesota, Virginia, and Puerto Rico

14 Replies

Hello BP Members,

My name is Scott Christensen and I am originally from St. Cloud, MN. I have two investment properties in Virginia, but am interested in building my portfolio with properties in Minnesota and Puerto Rico. Mainly because I wish to split my time between where my wife is from, Puerto Rico and where I am from, Minnesota. I currently live in Japan.

I found Bigger Pockets while researching the real estate market online, and after reading several posts, and listening to a few podcasts, I decided to join the community.

The biggest challenge facing me right now is low capital and my location. I will be in Japan for three more years, so I am trying to find out how to invest in properties remotely.

I hope to both share and learn with the community here on BP. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Sincerely,

Scott Christensen

Hi @Scott Christensen

Welcome to Biggerpockets. You got to the right place in learning more about REI. Keep networking , you'll find a lot of people here that would love to help you out.Good luck and see you in the forums.

Hello Swapna,

Thank you for the welcome.  I wish I would have found this site back in 2005.  

I am excited that I have learned from my mistakes, and I hope that I can both share what I have done wrong, while learning how to do it right.  

Looking forward to sharing my success story as it plays out.

Respectfully,

Scott

welcome!  there are a few of us trying to get a weekly meeting together for us tokyo locals. your welcome to join us.  i mentioned you in the post, hopefully it will help find the information you need. 

Originally posted by @Dan Baker :

welcome!  there are a few of us trying to get a weekly meeting together for us tokyo locals. your welcome to join us.  i mentioned you in the post, hopefully it will help find the information you need. 

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the welcome.  I am about 6-7 hour train ride south of Tokyo, but we are in the same time zone, so maybe we could get together on Skype, or a phone call.

You made me think about trying to find a local group here in Sasebo.  

Take care,

Scott

Oh yeah, 

That would be great, Nicholas has been asking to do the same. I'm ok with that, let's set something up so time in the near futur. 

Hey @Scott Christensen  welcome to BP! I'm glad you're enjoying the podcast and other resources. You should definitely start jumping right in the forums! Also, if you haven't yet, try to setup some "Keyword Alerts." It's great for getting into local conversations.

See you around the site!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you