New investor from Sacramento

11 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am currently a Law Enforcement Officer in the Sacramento area and am looking to begin real estate investing in the near future. I have been reading the forums and listening to podcasts for the past couple of months to educate myself. I have not yet attended a REIA meeting yet, but plan to soon.

I would like to start with rehabbing properties to build capital, and eventually begin collecting buy and hold properties.

I look forward to learning more and contributing to this outstanding community of helpful people. 

Originally posted by @Jason J. :

Hello everyone,

I am currently a Law Enforcement Officer in the Sacramento area and am looking to begin real estate investing in the near future. I have been reading the forums and listening to podcasts for the past couple of months to educate myself. I have not yet attended a REIA meeting yet, but plan to soon.

I would like to start with rehabbing properties to build capital, and eventually begin collecting buy and hold properties.

I look forward to learning more and contributing to this outstanding community of helpful people. 

Welcome to BP!  There are a ton of California investors doing well in their local market

Welcome @Jason J. !

I'm from the Bay Area also looking to Sacramento - not into the rehab side as much (lack of time/expertise) but definitely into the buy & hold.

Lots of folks here dealing in / working with that area that I'm sure will introduce themselves!

@Jason J.

Welcome to BP! What part of Sacramento do you live in? I recently met another local BP member and was planning on attending my first REIA meeting in Roseville, in a few weeks.

Jason,

Welcome to the site.

Cool career choice.

I imagine being in law enforcement your going to receive less riff raff from your tenants than the average landlord. : )

Welcome to BP!

I'm sure you're going to love it here and meet a lot of great people to help you get started.

I'd definitely recommend attending local meet-ups and networking with various  trades unless you plan on doing all the work yourself.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I'm glad to be here. 

@Jeff Caravalho I did forget to mention that I've been reading The Book on Flipping houses by J Scott, and will follow it up with The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs. So far The Book on Flipping houses has been fantastic.

Welcome @Jason J. !

There are some great networking opps in the Area.  Definitely check out the meetup @David Oldenburg started in Roseville.  Next meeting is Sept. 1st 

I'm close by in EDH.  

BP is a great place to learn, bounce ideas and get great advice.  

Happy hunting! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you