Investing in Arkansas and Texas

10 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets members! My name is Carlette Bruce. I'm originally from Central Arkansas, currently living in Dallas, Texas for the past 15 years.  I've been an IT Project Manager the majority of my career and recently started investing in real estate in April 2015.  I have two single families and a lot in Little Rock and a duplex in Hot Springs.  I have a four-plex in a historic district of Little Rock under contract as of today.  My strategy is to buy, fix and hold in improving areas.  Eventually I'd like to use the equity or sale some properties to purchase apartment complexes.

Welcome!  I'm brand new - but also in the Dallas area (north suburbs).  Have seen some interesting properties in Dallas but too far out of my geo area for my comfort zone. Best of luck and keep in touch!

@Alex Craig Well played sir. I realized after seeing your post that I had thought about asking about the properties but allowed myself to conclude that @Carlette Brown wasn't looking to sell them due to the comment "My strategy is to buy, fix and hold in improving areas."

Thank you for the reminder that it's not to our benefit to assume what a seller wants.

On a separate note, and not wanting to hijack this thread, feel free to shoot me a personal message with your buying criteria. We just contracted a lot of 10 and have another lot possibly here in Central Arkansas area. Pipelines are filling faster than we can flip so we are looking for reliable buyers! 

Cheers.

I am also in central Arkanas but have not made a move on my first property yet. Any advice from those in the area who are already established? I'm located northeast of little rock about 45 miles. 

Hi and welcome. @Carlette Brown & @Barb Reynolds I am based in Frisco so would be happy to connect both on here as well as on LinkedIn/FB. As a heads-up, there are a number of very good real estate investor meetings here in the DFW area if you want to network and learn more/find additional deal sources, etc. I personally attend the DFW REIA monthly meetings, DFW Notes Mastermind Meetup, and the Private Money meetup. @Daniel Fleming any others you can think of?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you