Banned

14 Replies

I was banned from posting anything once.  I was getting an app error and my posts (answers to questions like usual) were repeating themselves accidentally.  It went to their spam reject.  If you are posting the same thing over and over, you'll be banned for sure.  What are you posting @Daniel Dadzie ?

Hi @Daniel Dadzie .

Our company is very sensitive to spam and advertisements. When certain actions are taken by a member, the system will automatically block them from taking that same action again. 

One of the things that makes us so great is that we have extremely strict rules about advertising. We don't allow it anywhere on our site except the Marketplace. This includes offering properties for sale, asking if anyone has a property for sale, and soliciting funding of any kind. If we have a question about the post, we err on the side of caution and remove it.

I will message you some more details. Thanks!

Possibly a mistake...

I was banned last week accidentally by the automated spam filters...  :-)

@Mindy Jensen

I was just banned. I literally was using the biggerpockets.com/meet and messaging people in my area trying to connect. I'm not even sure when I send this it will go through. Sorry, I was just doing one of the things I read on this site to do...

@Pete Storseth , the site is SUPER sensitive to spam, so if you send the exact same message to multiple people, our AI reads you as a spammer. We send a notice to stop, then the site will auto-ban your account and you'd have to reach out to our support department to get unbanned. (email [email protected])

But you're not officially banned.

I received a "banned" message, but don't know why. Since I can't send messages and there's no reason given, how do you know what the problem is or how to fix it?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you