New Member from Fawn Grove PA

7 Replies

So, I have be tinkering with the idea of investing in real estate for quite some time.  Reading several articles on this site has provided me some insight that all my fears are no different than anybody else's here.  So right now I am in the planning phase.  I am looking to invest in buy-and-hold single family type homes for cash flow.  I would also like to invest in local vacation homes.  I grew up in Harford County MD and have a fairly good knowledge of the local real estate market there and down in OC MD.  Thanks for your time..

Eric 

Hi @Eric Schrader,

Since you're in the planning phase, it's the perfect time to save up money and build your credit. It sounds like a great idea to start locally since you have a good idea of the real estate there.

Best of luck!

-Mary Clare

Thanks Everybody.  i am looking to invest in MD.  I am right over the PA line and lived in the Bel Air region of MD for 20+ years,  Still spend most of my time down in that area.  I have been going to OC md for vacations since the early 80's.  

Right now i am trying to get the nerve to approach some distant family about a subject to contract on their home in Reisterstown, MD.  They have moved down to TX and, currently, all they are doing is paying a mortgage and the house is empty.  Thought this could be a good opportunity for me to help them out and help me start with a rental property.  Great area, beautiful house.  

Originally posted by @Eric Schrader:

Right now i am trying to get the nerve to approach some distant family about a subject to contract on their home in Reisterstown, MD.  They have moved down to TX and, currently, all they are doing is paying a mortgage and the house is empty.  Thought this could be a good opportunity for me to help them out and help me start with a rental property.  Great area, beautiful house.  

They just might appreciate you proposing a solution... could be a win-win?

Michael

My thoughts exactly!  I initiated the discussion over the weekend.  You never know unless you ask..

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you