New member from Kansas City, Mo

22 Replies

I am a real estate agent/investor in the Kansas City, Missouri area.  I have invested in real estate in the past, before the market crash and am now getting back into investing.  I focus mainly on fix and flip, but am also getting into wholesaling and am currently in the process of building a cash buyer database.

@Mark Patterson

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. We are a warm hearted paying it forward group of people interested in real estate investing.

Consider searching Bigger Pockets Members list and look for members who have information associated with their names pertaining to what you are seeking.

We are considered to be the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with so connect with REIA meetings, accountability partners, and mastermind groups to engage with individuals interested in real estate investing.

At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.

I'm looking forward to sharing insights with you in the forums.

Enjoy as you prosper.....

Welcome to BP and hello from a fellow agent/investor on the other side of the state.  I seem to recall a few recent posts from people in Kansas City, so hopefully you'll be able to make some helpful connections quickly.

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me.  I am looking forward to learning and sharing as much as I can.

@Maggie Lalor

I am looking to do some investing in St. Louis at some point, so maybe  we can connect on some mutual business goals.

Welcome to the clan. Wholesaling is something I'd like to get into. I'm into the rehab business, but would really like to dip my feet into wholesaling. I tried but wouldn't work in my market..or at least didn't for me. Good luck on your venture. You're in great hands here. Take care!

Originally posted by @Mark Patterson :

I am a real estate agent/investor in the Kansas City, Missouri area.  I have invested in real estate in the past, before the market crash and am now getting back into investing.  I focus mainly on fix and flip, but am also getting into wholesaling and am currently in the process of building a cash buyer database.

Welcome to BP Mark!

Set up your keywords alert if you have not done so. It sounds like cash buyer & Kansas City (KC) would be 2 great keywords. Stay tuned in to BP often.

May your efforts be rewarded!

Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community!

I do miss KC and go ROYALS!

Make sure you connect with local KC people on BP:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I discovered BP a while ago but didn't really get involved until recently. I'm sorry I waited so long to "plug in". BP is an awesome resource.

I am a cash flow investor. I have been a landlord since 1982 and I have also flipped a fair numbers of homes over the years.

A couple of years ago I discovered the "paper" side of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first Mortgage Note. I have been actively acquiring Notes for passive cash flow since that time.

I like the the passive nature, the safety and the cash flow that I receive from Performing Mortgage Notes. I still own "brick & mortar" real estate but my end game is to be 100% in paper at some point.

I upgraded to BP Pro & upgraded my profile. Check it out.

@Polar-Wholesaling appears to be huge in the Kansas City Market. I see bandit signs all over the place and I am hearing more and more of my investor friends talking about it. I definitely plan to grow it into a successful business. However, it will be just one part of my business. I will also continue to do fix and flip off of the MLS.

@Anthony-Thanks for the tips

@ Brandon-I will be adding you to my database for sure

@Aarin-The Royals have truly given royal performance this season

@Desi-I would definitely like to learn about investing in mortgage notes.  I have heard of one other investor that was involved in that.  If you could provide a good starting point for learning about that, it would be greatly appreciated.

@Mark Patterson to tag somebody, type '@?', wait a few seconds, and at the bottom of the text box it should list everybody that has posted on this thread.  Then you can click their name and it will properly tag them (the tagging thing sorta sucks sometimes).

I'm a fix and hold investor, looking for distressed properties that need rehab in good areas with an ARV of $100K+.

@Mark Patterson welcome I hope you find many buyers

@Andrew Bergman  We work in the St Louis area and live 3 hours from there. We work with contracts to do the work and a realtor to do final inspection before I pay the last installment. At times we use FaceTime to see what is going on. The FaceTime thing started with our daughter when she was wanting to change something in her home and wanted our thoughts.  We live 6.5 hours from her. Worked great with her so put that to work in the business

Mark,

Welcome to BP... I'm also a new member. I've been looking at KC as a backup in case I can't make any deals work for me here in CA.

I'm curious to see how the that trolley downtown is going to work out.... West Coast cities LOVE public transit like that ... wonder if it'll carry over to the Midwest lol.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you