New Member from Seattle WA

7 Replies

I currently reside in Seattle, WA.  Currently looking to supplement my current activities with passive income from owning multi-family properties.  I have little investing experience, but I'm excited to get started.

Hi @Lou Milard , welcome to Bigger Pockets and the crazy but exciting world of real estate.  

Before you get too deep into the education and whatnot, what sort of expectations do you have in terms of return on any investment? I think this is an important question because if you're thinking of getting 25% net return per year by buying a multifamily in Seattle I'm afraid that's quite unlikely.It also need some pretty deep pockets or some very good finances and credit to buy anything down there.

So, are you looking for specific return, cash flow dollar amount, etc.?

Lou, welcome to BiggerPockets!  You'll find a lot of great info on this site, from local folks and others.  Be sure to check out the weekly podcasts, they are a great source of information and ideas.

Add a profile photo and set up some key word alerts too!

I'm a few hours south of you, but love Seattle.  Have a few duplexes, would love to get a triplex or quad.

Originally posted by @Lou Milard :

I currently reside in Seattle, WA.  Currently looking to supplement my current activities with passive income from owning multi-family properties.  I have little investing experience, but I'm excited to get started.

Welcome to BP. Lots of great deals here in Seattle.

Hey Lou,

If you are still looking for multi-family RE properties I came across this gems reviewing properties in our system.

9450 15TH Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106

Happy Hunting 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you