Best way to make connections?

4 Replies

Hey guys! I'm a new BP member from Nashville and have been lurking and listing to the Podcasts for a while now.  Just a little about myself, I realized about a year ago that my long term goal was financial freedom and I wasn't going to get that in the corporate world where I am now.  So I moonlighted becoming a Real Estate Agent after my 9-5, got hired by a broker and have had a couple transactions so far.  This is all for the purpose of consuming myself with people in the business and knowledge that I'll need as an investor.

This is where my question comes in.  I have met a lot of great people as an Agent, but I feel like I'm only seeing half of what's out there.  I have seen positions online like, "Property Manager Assoc",  "Mortgage Lender Assoc", and things like that.  In your opinion, what is the best way to make these networking connections?

Best way is to get something under contract for a decent price and blast it out all over the internet and social media. I wholesale but I know plenty agents that do also, you just have to disclose to the seller.
Then put that property on Postlets, Craigslist, REIN Facebook group, put out Bandit Signs "3/2 Cheap House Must Sell Immediately". You can buy a Cash Buyers list from a website like wholesalerstoolbox and mail them your deal. You'll meet a ton of people like that...

Originally posted by @Aaron Anderson :

Hey guys! I'm a new BP member from Nashville and have been lurking and listing to the Podcasts for a while now.  Just a little about myself, I realized about a year ago that my long term goal was financial freedom and I wasn't going to get that in the corporate world where I am now.  So I moonlighted becoming a Real Estate Agent after my 9-5, got hired by a broker and have had a couple transactions so far.  This is all for the purpose of consuming myself with people in the business and knowledge that I'll need as an investor.

This is where my question comes in.  I have met a lot of great people as an Agent, but I feel like I'm only seeing half of what's out there.  I have seen positions online like, "Property Manager Assoc",  "Mortgage Lender Assoc", and things like that.  In your opinion, what is the best way to make these networking connections?

Agree with post just below. Get active in your local REi meeting. Offer your services there. I had a goal to meet 100 new people in the business in 3 months.

This was back in Oct. So I started attending the local meeting again.  Was burning out on the business. Took some great advice from a very smart guy (m my Pops ). To get back involved where I started which was the local meeting.

From there it helped with some great networking and has me back on here answering questions and net working daily.

So hope this helps and please ask away if I can help answer any questions. Promise I am no pro but been involved in one way or another  in real estate for 16  years now.

Thanks

Alex

Welcome, Aaron!  Agree with others on the local REIN club. I just started attending this month and seems like there are lots of different types of folks attending. Its a great place to network. There are also some active Bigger Pockets members from the Nashville area on here. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you