Investor From New York

15 Replies

Hello BP Community,

My name is Ken and I have been a landlord of a couple multi-family homes for over 15 years. I recently decided to become more of a RE investor, so I formed Rugby Homebuyers LLC. We wholesale and rehab homes in NYC, primarily central-Brooklyn. I am also an attorney and broker.

Im looking to develop my network as I plan to eventually perform 100 transaction per year.

Kind regards,

Ken

Hi Ken.  I'm curious, with your background, why wholesaling?

Wholesaling is a J-O-B, and everyone seems enamored with it right now.

FACT:  The percentage of qualified homebuyers is the lowest it's been since the 1960's.  FACT:  The percentage of the market that is willing to be a sweat equity buyer is at a low as well. 
(All the hype about wholesaling never seems to talk about the market statistics.)

Conversely, this is the best market since the 1960's for rentals, and the rental market.  If you are an experienced landlord, you might consider buying cheap, fixing and renting to build your portfolio during this cycle in the market.

Ken,

I come across off-market opportunities quite often In BK from fix & flip to conversion and ground up development. I'll send you a FR and exchange emails. 

-Michael

Hi @Ken Gayle , welcome to the BP community!

You can find here a wealth of information on each avenue of investing you would like to pursue.

I'm currently looking for properties in Brooklyn, so if you have any properties or need any assistance feel free to PM me.

Wishing you lots of success!

@Ken Gayle

Welcome aboard the vibrant BP community. You already have some experience and with additional effort, will quickly climb the REI ladder to its pinnacle.

To be more successful, you simply have to work on the other elements to progress your REI pursuit. Below are some quick links to get engaged on this site.

REI books suggested by BPers

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums, Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.

Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs and webinars

Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

Hi Ken.  I'm curious, with your background, why wholesaling?

Wholesaling is a J-O-B, and everyone seems enamored with it right now.

FACT:  The percentage of qualified homebuyers is the lowest it's been since the 1960's.  FACT:  The percentage of the market that is willing to be a sweat equity buyer is at a low as well. 
(All the hype about wholesaling never seems to talk about the market statistics.)

Conversely, this is the best market since the 1960's for rentals, and the rental market.  If you are an experienced landlord, you might consider buying cheap, fixing and renting to build your portfolio during this cycle in the market.

Thanks rod for your post

well Ken to bp i'm from Brooklyn . always looking for good deals. if you have anything worthwhile give me a shout best of business to you

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you