Investor from Louisiana

17 Replies

Hello, BP members! I'm happy to be here and look forward to making connections and sharing resources. I'm relatively new to real estate investing, having had two bad experiences and laid it aside for several years. My husband and I are ready to get back into the game, so to speak, and get the ball rolling.

My hat is off to you and your husband @Jennifer Landeche !  That kind of first experience is the kind of thing that will make you take a step back and regroup. The key is to get back in the saddle again and hold on for the ride.  It takes persistence and determination to get past some of the hurdles you come across in this business.  I'm in it for the long run and if ever there's anything I might be able help with from a few miles down the road here, feel free to reach out.  With today's technology, we are practically next door neighbors! :-)

Thank you @Robert Leonard . I really appreciate it and I will definitely take you up on that should the need arise. We hope to be in it for the long haul, as well. We've said for years that we should be investing in Real Estate, but it has taken those years to finally make the commitment to jump back in.

Hello, my name is Jacob May, haven't currently invested in any property yet, still trying to get off of some debt, but I have been listening to real estate books on the rode to work to and from every morning. Nice to meet you all. 

Nice to meet you, @Jacob May and @Brandon Johnson ! @Robert Leonard , I did see the schedule and those will definitely be long days! I also am looking forward to learning a lot and getting the opportunity to meet and problem-solve with other investors. Aside from reading blogs and books and listening to podcasts, this will be our first real step back into real estate investing and I'm excited to be there. 

@Justin Pillion , I want to buy and hold, my husband wants to flip. Most likely, we'll do both. The tentative plan is to buy properties needing mostly cosmetic work with the intention to hold, thus generating an income stream, while we grow a team of contractors and experience that will allow us to fix and flip profitably. At that point, we'll have a better idea of what to hold and what to flip and how where we want to devote our resources. Wholesaling isn't off the table, but we need experience. My husband, Steve Landeche, is a Realtor and has clients who are investors.

You are correct on both counts. We jumped in once before and got burned. I want to be in this for the long haul, so I'm starting with a conservative plan. Who knows? Once we get in, we may find we are well suited to this and ramp that plan up. For now, I'm going to assume a steep learning curve. And we do have investors looking to work with us. I esteem them highly and want to make sure we provide a solid value on our end. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you