AZ - New Investor

17 Replies

Scott Anders, Sierra Vista, AZ. 53 YO, just retired from federal service. Some experience in deal analysis (Iive written software that performs RE analysis), remodeling/construction. My professional background is in technology test and evaluation. Expert data analyst and VBA developer. Interested in rehabbing and owning rental properties in Phoenix, Tucson, and Denver markets. Seeking partnerships with others in all aspects of real estate investment. Eager to learn. Have good credit (100k + in lines of credit to utilize) and some cash.

@Scott Anders

Hello and Welcome to BiggerPockets, the Best Real Estate site on the web.

You will find a lot of great information along with good and knowledgeable

people that are willing to answer any of your questions. Be sure to check out the

Education section above.

Make it Happen

Steve

Scott I too live in sierra vista az i have my first house in Huachuca city.. Im planning on renting out the bedrooms to contractors and military people.. Welcome to the site..

Welcome! Sounds like you are doing some good things already. Congrats on having great credit, high lines of credit and rentals in different markets.

Let me know if I can help in any way!

when I started my business Ive used my own money because my credit is not so good. I havent even tried to go get a loan. But i do have a house in Kansas that is paid for and a house in Az. I would like to get another. Right now Im working on a business plan so Im looking for investors in the Az. Area. Looking for some mentoring for my business.

@Scott Anders The Phoenix and Denver markets have very strong economies but prices have been pushed up pretty high making it tough to cash flow well. We have investors living in Denver that are now buying in Indianapolis and Kansas City for the returns. Look at your numbers in your area carefully and see if they can work for you.

Welcome to the community! Pretty new myself. Always blown away with helpfulness on the forum.

I highly recommend listening to their podcasts (produced weekly) and attending the webinars hosted by Brandon Turner every Wednesday night. 

I can attest to the Phoenix market being difficult to cash flow. Not impossible, just difficult. 

Hello Scott,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I just won the highest bid on a residential home in Gilbert, AZ and I am looking for a JV partner to sell the home. This is a 5563sqft home in Whitewing, an upscale neighborhood . We are looking at a profit of about $300k within 3 month. I am a rehabber since 1998 but recently took a big financial hit, therefore I am looking for a partner on this one. If you are interested, please contact me.

Thank you!

Daniella 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you