7 Replies

Hi Everyone:

I am a six moth real estate agent with Keller Williams, Princeton New Jersey and a newbie investor looking to learn and implement wholesaling. 

Welcome Harry! 

You've probably already found this article, but check this one out:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/02/0...

Also, ZipLookup is a good place to start if you're looking at general areas to begin farming for houses:

http://www.esri.com/data/esri_data/ziptapestry

Definitely say hi to other pro members on bigger pockets and start asking specific questions. People are always willing to help.

Welcome @Harry Dolgin !  Good to see another Harry from NJ on the site.  BiggerPockets has a ton of information, so you've come to the right place.  I am a big fan of the BP Podcasts.  Josh & Brandon and their guests bring a wealth of information to the table while relating it to newbies like you & me.  If you have time in your car, think about downloading some podcasts for the ride.

Hi Harry,

Welcome to BP!

You said you were  interested in learning more about Wholesaling.  In Princeton, on 1/121 at 6pm, SJREIA Central is having a free meeting and this is the January topic. 

I am also a new to this world so I will share with you what I am doing to get myself educated:

• 1)Go pro – No I don’t work for BP, but you get the tools you absolutely need to be successful as a pro member hands down. The ability to learn what a good deal really looks like comes down to using the PRO calculators- practice every day.
  • 2)Listen to every single BP pod cast. So far I am about 110 in and it is exactly the education you need. I listen to them in order from newest to oldest regardless of the topic so I can learn about all angles of this business. It is truly amazing what you can pick up. I listen to them if I am driving anywhere and also at the Gym. Makes the 1 hour Elliptical go much faster.
  • 3)Take action. Get a goal and go make it happen. Without it you are guaranteed to never make it happen.
  • 4)Don’t take it too seriously – it’s a lot to lean and that is why people never really get in to it.

Good luck!

Matt

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you