New member from Yulee, Fl

9 Replies

I'm the husband of the most beautiful woman in the world and the father of soon to be 3 awesome children.  My day job (and sometimes 24/7 job) is a submariner in the US Navy.  I have 1 rental in South Carolina that acquired a tenant the week after I moved my family to Florida.  I have already learned so much from this community and hope I am able to contribute a fraction of the wealth of knowledge that I have received!

Welcome, I too am fairly new to BiggerPockets. I find the information herein valuable. Although I'm not a traditional investor in the sense of buying hold properties I do enjoy the conversations. The topics are so varied that you can't go wrong. The knowledge base that you can draw from its so in depth and phenomena. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do

Originally posted by @Robert Chavez :

I'm the husband of the most beautiful woman in the world and the father of soon to be 3 awesome children.  My day job (and sometimes 24/7 job) is a submariner in the US Navy.  I have 1 rental in South Carolina that acquired a tenant the week after I moved my family to Florida.  I have already learned so much from this community and hope I am able to contribute a fraction of the wealth of knowledge that I have received!

Awesome and good to have you. In South Carolina my self ( Rock Hill ) Yes on learning my brain has been over drive since I became more active here on this site.

Alex

Originally posted by @Brock Adams :

Congratulations... SC is a good market and Florida is even better. Be sure to take advantage of your VA loan.

Brock

Man, we got to put our state as number one. Trust me I also invested in Florida . North Port , Sarasota markets. My oldest brother  16 year on Sarasota police department. Don't get me wrong Florida is great. Just a bigger fan of SC. I was in Sarasota in late July could not take the heat on the beach. I would open my door at 6 am to go jog. The mirrors  in the room would fog up from the humidity.

just saying LOL

We will partner with anybody that has rehab experience in most markets around the country. There are a lot of great markets at the moment. I think Texas will go thru a little slump because of oil but it won't last forever. Our concern is always timing the weather in northern parts of the country.

@Alex Franks  

Amen Alex..LOL ..We are now living in the J-hook region....People move down to Florida from up North then hook back to GA. & SC. .Maybe when the wealth finally hits us, we can scoot back down to Fl. to avoid state income taxes:)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you