• Investor
  • Norwalk, CA
Votes |
Investor in So Cal

Tosha Johnson
  • Investor
  • Norwalk, CA
Posted Jan 26 2016, 15:40

Hello All! Thank you for welcoming me into the bigger pockets community! :) I purchased my first property at the age of 18, having learned early on by the example of my parents that ownership is the way to go. A cute little 1 bedroom condo a block from the beach. About 10 years later I decided to move out of the area and rented my condo out, becoming a landlord for the first time. That was a ride! I've dealt with my fair share of unreliable tenants. Another 5 years down the road, I decided to sell. My property was $43k when i purchased it. I sold it for $190k! My experience has shown me first hand how lucrative buy and hold properties can be. I am now a mother to an adorable 1 year old little boy, and currently work full time in the Oil industry ,which is increasingly unstable these days. I now want to do this as a business. I believe real estate can help me achieve greater financial freedom, as well as allow me more time at home with my son. However, my market in So. California has changed over the years. And finding nice properties at such reasonable prices now is unheard of. So, i'm looking for partners in other areas ,even out of state. Wherever the deals are, that is where I'll be. Any tips along the way would be much appreciated. :)

Loading replies...