Jay Campbell
  • Wilmington, DE
Votes |
New Member from Alexandria, Virginia

Jay Campbell
  • Wilmington, DE
Posted Feb 11 2016, 02:51

Hello BP!

My name is Jay Campbell and I'm a 26-year old living in Alexandria, VA, looking to break into the world of real estate investing. I'm currently a Project Manager in the construction group of a commercial real estate company in Washington D.C. I've lived in Northern Virginia for a little over 4-1/2 years and have worked in construction management for 3 years, as well as mechanical systems (HVAC) design for 1-1/2 years.

With the experience and knowledge I've gained in working in the building design/construction field, I feel I have a skill-set that will be very useful in my real estate investing endeavors. I found BiggerPockets through a Google search looking for "getting started in real estate investing", and have been hooked since. I've listened to a number of the podcasts and read many of the guides and blogs posted to the site. 

From the information I've learned so far, I'm interested in starting my real estate investing journey using the buy-and-hold strategy, and "house hacking" a small multifamily property (specifically a duplex). My goal within the next 5-7 years is to generate enough cashflow to cover my monthly expenses and achieve financial freedom.

I'm looking to network and build relationships with other investors in the area to grow my REI knowledge base and community. Any help or guidance along the way is greatly appreciated. I look forward to interacting with other members.

Loading replies...