New member in Charleston!

9 Replies

Hi! New aspiring real estate in the Charleston, SC area. I have a little experience in the Atlanta area with tax liens, but I'm interested in pursuing other avenues. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

@Ashleigh Evans

Welcome to Biggerpockets. Great to have you on the site. Make sure to check out Education for all your REI learning. Good luck in your REI journey

Hi Mike, thanks! I'll keep you posted about how everything turns out.

Hi @Ashleigh Evans

Welcome to BP and real estate investing. You'll find this place to be a great resource for real estate and investing information. There are tons of things to read and lots of people to talk to. I'm a Realtor and investor. I would be happy to help if you have any questions or need an agent for anything. You should also check out the BP podcast and maybe get your hands on a couple of their beginner's investing books.

-Troy

Thanks Troy!

Are you a part of the Charleston REIA? How's is it here? I'm working on the house I bought to live in, but I'm going to join it soon.

@Ashleigh Evans There are a couple of different REIAs in town. They're all good, but they're each more focused on different things. You should just try a couple of them out until you find the one that you like. I attended a lot of events the first couple of years that I was around. I kind of petered off because I got really busy and just never really went back. The evenings are hard for me because I'm a Realtor, too and I have a lot of administrative stuff that I have to get done in the evening. Congratulations on the house! Let me know if you have any questions about anything throughout the process!

Welcome Ashleigh!!  How did you do on tax liens?  I bought one years ago but haven't messed with them since.  If I can be of any help shoot me a message.

Hi Scott!

You're in my neighborhood! 

With tax liens, I don't think I'm going to mess with them any more. I bought mine in Atlanta, which is a great place for them because they have auctions every month instead of every year. The interest rate on the lien is also 20%. 

In my opinion, there are definitely easier ways to invest. 

What do you do in Goose Creek?

@Ashleigh Evans would love to hear about atlanta experience, I have invested in MS and AL, looking at possibly GA next. 

oh man, do you own in Jackson? Did you hear about what's going on there? They have houses for sale for like 250 there.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here