New Member Out Of Brooklyn, NY

9 Replies

Hello everyone. Happy to be a part of this forum. I'm located in Brooklyn but initially I'm interested in out of state investing in rental property, preferably multi-family properties as to lower the chances of tenant gaps and paying a mortgage out of pocket. Once I've established a passive income of 5-10k a month I'd like to try my hands at a flip. I don't want to purchase a turnkey property 1st, I'd rather buy low and rehab however I'm concerned with doing a long distance rehab. If it's possible to successfully oversee a rehab long distance I'm definitely interested in knowing how.

@Chris Sean - welcome!  People are definitely having success with long distance rehabs, with the right teams in place.  There are great examples to study right here on BP.  

@Chris Sean
Welcome to BP!
I have seen many successful investors doing long distance deals. I know for myself that long-distance investing would be too anxiety inducing for me. But if you think it will work for you, I would say go for it. I imagine it will require a lot of educating yourself before you jump in. Make sure to take full advantage of the BP community. I enjoy listening to the podcasts and going through the forum reading interesting threads.
Good Luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you