Votes
Samantha Arentzen
  • University Place, WA
Votes |
Beginner Investor!

Samantha Arentzen
  • University Place, WA
Posted Jul 26 2016, 16:04

Hello! I joined the bp community well over a year ago but have only been reading the message boards and blog. I realized I have yet to introduce my self!

My name is Samantha! My husband Marco and I are from Tacoma, WA. We are new investors and almost had a 4plex about 6 months ago but ended up backing out because it turned out to be a bad deal once we went through inspections. $$$$

Then I had my first child and stopped working so we have been on hold with the searching... for now! Unfortunately since I am not working and my husband had recently switched jobs, we found out the banks dont like that, so we have to wait!

In a few months we will have another green light and will be off to start again! 

Our goal is to have 40 doors by 40 (we are 23 & 25). We are interested in buying to  rehab and then holding. My Husband is a framer and I grew up in a house building/DIY family. We cant wait to work on a place!

This time we begin to search we are going to find a new realtor since the last two we used had zero clue about multifamilys, let alone investing! And since we are young I believe they didn't take us seriously! The first one we were in contact with went on vacation for a month right after we hired him and were advised to use his assistant and missed about 5 deals with her. Then the next one was so slow at doing paperwork and responding to emails the deal took 2 1/2 MONTHS before we could even get the ok for an inspection! By then I was about a week away from having my son so we called it quits!

I hope to connect with someone on here who can point me to an investing savvy realtor in the Tacoma area! Or is one themselves!

Loading replies...