Votes |
New member and new investor

Evan Dobrowski
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Auburn, WA
Posted Sep 22 2016, 18:10

Hi Everyone,

I am excited to start my biggerpockets account and start learning about real estate investing.  I purchased a duplex last year and have been doing okay with it...but I am sure could do much better.  I am here because I want to learn more about multi-family investing and am also hoping to learn more about low money down options.

I am currently employed at a job that provides me with low opportunity for advancement, average pay, and does provide benefits so that is good.  I am currently 26 years old and understand the idea I can not live life the way my parents did...knowing they would receive a large pension benefit from their employer if they just did their time.  So I am here in order to build a large portfolio of real estate as a form of retirement.

I have set goals already such as I know I want to start with single family and work into multi-family.  I know how much passive income I want to make annually before I will quit my job (roughly $100K) and I know I need around 30 houses to do this.  I also hope to get there by the time I am 40.  Needless to say I have a lot of work to do in 14 years and a lot to learn.

Thank you for reading this and please if you have any comments, questions, or advice I am all ears.

Loading replies...