• Denver, CO
Votes |
New member from Denver, CO!

Clint Jones
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Posted Sep 29 2016, 10:04

Hello Bigger Pockets Community!

My wife and I moved to Denver, CO from Atlanta, GA about 6 months ago so we are relatively new to the area.  I heard about this site through a podcast and have been wanting to look into getting into real estate investing as a way to generate passive income.  I read through the Ultimate Beginner's Guide and the multi-family property investing seemed like the kind of investing I would be interested in (duplexes and triplexes) and potentially house flipping.

I have some background in real estate investing - primarily doing accounting work for individuals and commercial real estate developers.  I'm currently an IT consultant but worked at a CPA firm for 6 years before becoming a consultant.  I also owned a primary residence (condo) in Atlanta for 8 years before selling and moving to Denver.  My wife and I did some renovations to the condo ourselves and were able to sell it for a profit.

I'm looking for some guidance and a mentor to get started in real estate investing.  I would be willing to help with any bookkeeping, financial statement preparation and general tax advice.  I have prepared numerous Schedule E's, Form 1065's, Schedule K-1s and also worked on a couple of 1031 exchanges during my time at the CPA firms.

Any advice or resources for getting the ball rolling with real estate investing would be greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...