New member to the community :)

14 Replies

Hello everyone! My name is Issa and I'm from New York but I'm currently living in Phoenix, Arizona. I found interest in the real estate business this year and I couldn't be happier that my husband approached me with the idea of becoming an investor because now we've took that step of turning an idea into a reality! We're starting off in wholesale for now and eventually doing a lot more! I love to learn more about the business everyday & taking tips & advice from others. So with that being said I've looked into how I could network with like minded people and came across BiggerPockets and I'm very excited to make new friends & connect with new people about our journey to success! 😄😄

This post has been removed.

@Issa Duran Welcome to BiggerPockets!!! Love the motivation to make this a full time business, go get em 

Hi @Issa Duran , welcome to BP! Great to see fellow Phoenicians around the forums. Do you have an idea of which type of investment strategy you'll be pursuing?

@Issa Duran Welcome to BP.There is a tonne of resources on here.I am a wholesaler here in Phoenix, focusing on the East Valley.I am still a newbie but I would definitely be interested in networking with you.

Originally posted by @Issa Duran :

Hello everyone! My name is Issa and I'm from New York but I'm currently living in Phoenix, Arizona. I found interest in the real estate business this year and I couldn't be happier that my husband approached me with the idea of becoming an investor because now we've took that step of turning an idea into a reality! We're starting off in wholesale for now and eventually doing a lot more! I love to learn more about the business everyday & taking tips & advice from others. So with that being said I've looked into how I could network with like minded people and came across BiggerPockets and I'm very excited to make new friends & connect with new people about our journey to success! 😄😄

Hello,

Welcome to BP and REI! This is a great time to start investing! It sounds like you are off to a great start! Keep it up!

Hi, @Issa Duran , @Charles Nyasha , @Scott Scharl , and @Charles Sullivan ! I am also in the local area and would love to network with you guys. I'm a newbie investor who is hoping to start wholesaling and transition into buy and hold investments. I have a question, which I know has been debated several times on BP, based on AZ law, do you need a license to wholesale? From my reading, wholesaling activities sound a lot like brokering. Also, what have either of you found to be the best strategy for acquiring properties priced below market value in our locale?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Rochelle

Hi @Rochelle Gellineau ,

I have the opportunity to meet with some of the local Pros on this forum and have been provided with a lot of advice.Here are some of the options I will be pursuing to get leads:

Bandit Signs - I made 25 bandit signs and placed them around the East Valley Friday night and picked them up Sunday night.I got all my materials from a local home improvement store but had a tough time trying to get them to to stick into the hard phoenix desert landscape.So ended up trying to find places where there was a grass but that meant my signs were in places with traffic.I did not get any call backs.

Lesson Learned - I will invest into getting my signs professionally done and possibly hire someone to put them out for me.

I used a sharpie marker to write my message and it rained over the weekend so my message was washed away.Need to start working with a permanent solution to write the message.

The second option I am using is Direct Mail, I bought list of 209 leads from list-source with a specific criteria and my plan is to mail to that targeted list using Click2mail. I will have a separate number for the postcards so I can better track the results.

On the weekends I am also driving for dollars , taking addresses and compiling my list.For the driving for dollars each time I get 10 leads I am planning on sending out Letters.

If anyone has advice for me feel free to chime in.

Thanks 

@Rochelle 

@Rochelle Gellineau I have not yet looked into probate leads.I am looking at pre-foreclosures mostly right now.

Are you planning on starting with probate leads?

Yes, @Charles Nyasha . I pulled a couple leads but I'm trying to figure out how to determine if the estate has real estate. Good luck with your strategy, let me know how it turns out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here